Nebula Prizm ii - Firmware update?

You have tried all possible options to upgrade firmware, the next best option would be to give Nebula Support phone call on coming week On 1-800-988-7973 between Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (PT), be on call and explain issue and options you have already tried

I have found that when formatting my USB drive for fat32, you cannot use quick format, you have to use the standard formatting otherwise you will continue to get this error

Gave this a go too, and no luck!

What size is the flash drive? If it’s over 64gb then it may not work to format to fat32…

32Gb, 4gb and 16gb.

Support asked me to rename the file to ACTUPGRADE.gz
So far, i have re-formatted all three (normal fat32 format)
Renamed the file they sent me to no avail, and renamed the file within the .gz archive - to no avail.

1 Like

Did you give support a call and talk to them…

Hello, could you give me a link or the update file? Thank you, as I will also try to make it work … Thank you

@Yoni_bz Do let us know what was the outcome and if Nebula Support did get back to you

@Aldo1 I strongly suggest you contact Nebula Support here :point_down:

OK thank you👍

Il ne faut pas extraire le fichier, il faut juste le renommer… Pour moi ça a fonctionné sur une clé en fat 32

Do not extract the file, just rename it … For me it worked on a key in fat 32

2 Likes

Thank you for figuring that out

That’s nice solution! \ (•◡•) /

Is there any chance you can upload the file for everyone else who’s looking to update their Prizm 2? :slight_smile: I’ve been looking for the update for a while now and before I go through all this I thought you might help me out.

Thanks a lot!

Hi

Can someone confirm the latest version and how to get it please

“Do not extract…” WHICH file? The .zip? The .gz WITHIN the .zip?
“Just rename it…” Rename WHICH file? Rename it to WHAT EXACTLY?

No, it does not.
Very vague, and inaccurate.
Does not work.

There is an update now and i installed it but there are no visible change or differences… Does anyone know what this Update is about?

Hi, I had a hard time figuring this out even going as far as contacting Anker over the phone (No useful Help by the way). Basically I kept downloading the file using Google chrome and then saving it to the usb drive, and trying to update only to receive the error message. I am on windows 10, and i simply tried the exact same process using the Internet Explorer search engine and IT WORKED … All u do is (Save As) directly into the usb without making any type of changes to the name or anything, it will save and look identical to the file downloaded using google chrome, then you simply take out the usb drive and inserted into the Prizm II and run the process… Hope this helps

Phone support said to make sure the flash drive is under 128G, thats it

Hi, I had a hard time figuring this out even going as far as contacting Anker over the phone (No useful Help by the way). Basically I kept downloading the file using Google chrome and then saving it to the usb drive, and trying to update only to receive the error message. I am on windows 10, and i simply tried the exact same process using the Internet Explorer search engine and IT WORKED … All u do is (Save As) directly into the usb without making any type of changes to the name or anything, it will save and look identical to the file downloaded using google chrome, then you simply take out the usb drive and inserted into the Prizm II and run the process… Hope this helps

Phone support said to make sure the flash drive is under 128G, thats it