Nebula Portable Projector

Thanks for the review.

I placed this product more in the revolutionary side than the evolutionary side, therefore given its $500 price, the 3rd version rule applies.

Does it show ability to Wifi update itself? The only manual I can find is the old FCC one, I cannot see it on official site.

LOL. @nigelhealy I donā€™t know about them sub-woofers, theyā€™re a bit on the small side. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

1 Like

And $600 regular price!

Yeah I know that, but Anker often provides discounts of the order of 20% so unless youā€™re suddenly made aware of it and canā€™t wait you need never pay full price. Like the Powerhouse I donā€™t think thereā€™s been more than 2 months pass without a discount. The current Powerhouse is version 2, they took feedback about the display from the original, within a few months (I think v2 was 4 months later). Same with Nebula Mars, I expect the brave early adopters will find the big initial issues, v2 will be better, then the lesser issues addressed in v3. Then there will be a discount for v3. That whole wait is likely 6 months. Most likely is a tweak of brightness up or size down and bigger battery. If its USP is portable projects on big far surface then that calls for brightness up (if it needs) or size down (if its bright enough) and a longer battery life.

1 Like

Very true, but 3 versions will take longer than 6 months

PowerHouse is still on V2 and itā€™s been a year and a half.

Nopeā€¦ still waiting

This is a supply and demand problem. I think USB-PD laptops will pull a demand which a pocketable portable charger cannot safely meet.

Then there is the obvious gap in products which limit demand, like the Powerhouse is so physically heavy it calls for car-camping and it was not designed to be recharged by a car, then its for long off-grid near-car situations and it would be better with a solar charger option (I think unregulated to lower cost) so if they put that lot together it would pull a lot more demand and cause innovation.

Powerhouse, and the Nebular Mars also have a future together, one lets you have lots of power off-grid camping and the other gives you something to use all of that power. Currently they are significantly incompatible apart from the AC, but Iā€™m sure a future USB-PD input Nebula can benefit from a future USB-PD output Powercore.

1 Like

Do you get your tracking number for delivery?

1 Like

You need the soon to be released AirPin Pro app update for AirPlay to work with iOS11. AirPin is bundled with the Mars. I got it from the author (I bought it for Amazon Firestick TV) and it works. None of the non Apple solutions will ever work for legal software, which is not allowed to include Appleā€™s FairPlay DRM. Not sure, there is an APK with a crack out there.

1 Like

How about now?

1 Like

Nebula Stand

Nebula Portable Projector Stand, Tripod Floor Stand for Projector/Camera/DVD Player, Lightweight Projector Holder with Adjustable Height (29.5" - 55.1") and 360Ā° Swivel Ball Head https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073ZZ4PHB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_PaCKzbSKQH55J

1 Like

How do I get my hands on one of these?

1 Like

Better options for cheaper are to be had on Amazon. Plus with no sign of replacement or refund from Anker regarding the Nebula why would I buy a tripod? I already have a camera tripod that would work just fine if I ever get a replacement or refund to purchase another in the future. :weary:

Still havenā€™t heard anything from them? WOW! Iā€™d be pretty Pā€™Oā€™d.

1 Like

Ive heard back but its excuse after excuse so far :expressionless:

My credit card comes with insurance. If Amazon is playing the ā€œif i ignore you long enough you may give upā€ strategy, you can claim on CC and leave it between Amazon and your CC to fight it out.

2 Likes

Iā€™d just work it out with Anker. Theyā€™re probably more friendly! :grin:

1 Like

Ive been tryingā€¦ I will just end up filing a claim with my CC company and leave it at that. Amazon has gone down the drain lately when it comes to customer service. :expressionless:

2 Likes

What a shameā€¦especially for a high ticketed item. Hopefully, your CC company will step in and take care of it for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like