Nebula Portable Projector

I just noticed

Male hand holding it next to female not holding

2 Likes

Every possible sequence has been tried, alternate cables, hung upside down from the roof then proceeded to press all the buttons, nothing. Beside from lighting it on fire and really “turning it on” all has been tried. I sit here with sad eyes and a broken heart… lmao. Not really but I am bummed out. Hahaha

(trying to help pending Anker waking up)

Is there a reset button?

It would have passed factory testing then got broke or confused since.

I know nil on the product. I see 4 buttons on the top? Go give the random monkeys method a bit more time.

1 Like

Wow good catch. Maybe that’s what’s missing? That is the missing link. Have wife stand next to me and try to power it on with the power of love eminating from our bodies. Then and only then will the Mars power on. After all Men are from Mars and women are from Venus (Roman Goddess of Love and Beauty) :smile:

No. Gender is not physically applicable.

What is sometimes is able to work is just a different approach - infinite monkey - just a different person trying to give it life.

Is there a reset? Try press+hold the power button (is there one?) both when power and also no power.

1 Like

Yeah Nebula/ Anker in disguise tech support told me about that reset button and nothing seemed to work. They even suggested I tried the adapter on a laptop that may have that type of plug which I dont have but I have security cams that power off that type of plug and they worked so it has to be something within the Mars itself. The odd thing is it wont even light up as if it were charging with the adapter plugged in. So I will chalk it up as defective and hope for the best which I know Anker will come through and make it right :slight_smile:

It is probably a dud unit but it would have passed POST. Put it in the hands of someone totally different.

Or just wait.

1 Like

Wife tried it. Nothing. She even read the entire manual. Something may have been shooken loose during transit is my best guess. As you said it had to pass some sort of inspection, I hope.

I’ll take it to work tonight and let it get handled by over 30 “infinite monkeys” see if they can decipher it’s secret.

Good luck.

Press and hold a button without power. Then give power. Then press and hold.

There’s only a few buttons.

But we agree it is a support issue.

Well, perhaps you have to wine and dine her first :stuck_out_tongue: Sweet talk always helps. LOL. Or better yet, ask a 2 year old how to turn it on since kids seem to know so much about technology nowadays. :wink: Or perhaps, the Mars is just prepping itself for the huge movie night you’ll have next week.

2 Likes

Good News! A replacement will be sent this week on Friday thank you to Anker/ Nebula support and a shout out to the awesome customer service provided by Cathy! :blush:

3 Likes

Yay!!! Movie night is back on! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I am sooooo STOKED. I can not wait till it arrives for the second time lol. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Any updates?

I think he finally got it and is holed up at home, hogging it up and binging on Netflix :stuck_out_tongue: . We may never get our Movie Night invite. LOL…

2 Likes

If only… lol

Do you have the replacement yet?

Looking forward to your review.

I got my projector from Amazon yesterday and will keep it. I would not use it for stationary use, since you can get higher quality HD and luminance for the same price. But it is a very nicely done unit for portable use. Take it outside in the evening and watch on the patio or by the pool or take it along to friends for a movie or video game.

The hardware industrial design and execution are first rate and so it the packaging.

But… the software must be pre-alpha. It is Android based, so this should not be that hard. Apps stutter and display at partial resolution even with a good WiFi connection. AirPlay does not work. After updating it does not even show. I am not into Android, so I am not sure about Chrome mirroring.

Luckily you can plug in an Amazon FireStick! I would highly recommended it! It can be powered by the USB port. With it you get well developed apps for a large range of providers with solid performance. It really shows off what this projector can do. I just ordered the upgraded latest version for 40 bucks to preface my older one. With it, you get Alexa search of material across apps. It will be a long time, before Nebula gets that far.

I finally resorted to just plugging in my iPhone with a Lighting to HDMI adapter for iTunes protected movies. This avoids need power for my spare AppleTV by the pool.

It would be interesting to know the real lumen output. The manual indicated 500 ANSI lumens, but ads and web site claim 2000 lumens as well as 3000. What is it really? Or is this reflective of the various power settings on the device?

2 Likes

Base on my experience Airplay currently is not working.

1 Like