Nebula Portable Projector

How do I get my hands on one of these?

1 Like

Better options for cheaper are to be had on Amazon. Plus with no sign of replacement or refund from Anker regarding the Nebula why would I buy a tripod? I already have a camera tripod that would work just fine if I ever get a replacement or refund to purchase another in the future. :weary:

Still haven’t heard anything from them? WOW! I’d be pretty P’O’d.

1 Like

Ive heard back but its excuse after excuse so far :expressionless:

My credit card comes with insurance. If Amazon is playing the “if i ignore you long enough you may give up” strategy, you can claim on CC and leave it between Amazon and your CC to fight it out.

2 Likes

I’d just work it out with Anker. They’re probably more friendly! :grin:

1 Like

Ive been trying… I will just end up filing a claim with my CC company and leave it at that. Amazon has gone down the drain lately when it comes to customer service. :expressionless:

2 Likes

What a shame…especially for a high ticketed item. Hopefully, your CC company will step in and take care of it for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I sure hope so.

2 Likes

The first version of the firmware always has bugs

2 Likes

Love the pic with the UPS guy lol

1 Like

Hes a cool dude and loves new tech. So I thought I’d share the projector with him. Unfortunately he has since bought one and loves it. I have yet to even test one out :joy:

1 Like

This is not true.

I’ve been working with the unit all day today, putting it through it’s paces and both Chromecast as well as Airplay are unavailable unless you connect a device to the USB/HDMI ports. (ie Chromecast, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, etc)

to be honest I’d rather Anker made it “dumber” and you can connect your choice of dongle you probably already own.

I can some do magical things with a Raspberry Pi (or similar) which is USB powered for not much $ which is HDMI output and use bluetooth keyboard / mouse and just need a HDMI projector.

Works out cheapest in total for most people who own something already.

1 Like

Don’t all the Nebulas seem expensive for what you’re getting?

$600 for 720p
$400 for 480p
$3000 for 1080p

Compared to TVs its crazy. Not only that but there’s no way they can be very bright with some of the sizes they are claiming.

1 Like

You’re paying for version 1.

I agree its bad value and I expect bad performance, but you’re comparing to TVs of a mature product produced and sold in much more quantity.

Around here you can get a LCD screen for free they are on the street with a “free” sticker on them to avoid recycling costs and if you add a Chromecast (old one on ebay or craigslist $10) or Raspberry Pi you can do just as well as these current projectors for a fraction of the cost. What these projectors can do though is be “off-grid” but then… (version 1 problem) they are not using the other Anker off-grid products like USB-PD to keep them going they are still designed in an on-grid mindset.

Version 3 will be better.

What I’m waiting for is better headset projectors into the eye, up close to the eye you need a lot less energy (light loss is to square of distance so 1/100th the distance to your eye needs 1/10000th the energy) therefore passive cooling and a high pixel density is possible. Google Glasses concept just much better. Then BT stream off your mobile. There is no reason these cannot be got down in cost to a few $ and built into glasses for $ and then if you all want to share then its multicast. You’d then have off-grid equivalent which lasts days on batteries.

$448 today

1 Like

Still not worth it.

2 Likes