Nebula Mars and Streaming Media

I got the Nebula Mars and in terms of picture quality, price and portability, its great.

However, Airplay does not work properly. I can stream videos from my iphone photo library, and mirror my phone and ipad, but i cant airplay youtube videos or any content that needs to stream from the internet. I get a message that says the firmware doesnt support this media.

Also - bluetooth audio has a 2-3 second lag, its unusable when using the native netflix app or when using HDMI-in with my Apple TV.

I tried poking around in the AirPin Pro app, rebooted the router, phone, projector, checked the software, everything checks out. it just seems to not work…

Anyone else have this issue, or found any solutions?

3 Likes

@Theodore_Sefcik We are sooooo sorry that you’ve run into a problem with Nebula Mars.
For your information, your permission to stream videos or music is based on the copyright from the content provider. Nebula supports HDCP for HDMI but not for screencast. If you want to view a video with High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection, please use an HDMI cable.

As for the rest issues, could you please write an email to us with the detailed information about the issue? Our email address is support@seenebula.com. Please be assured that we always stand behind our products. We will help you resolve the issue as soon as possible.

I was also surprised (and disappointed) that AirPlay doesn’t work from my iOS devices, or my MacBook.

Which HDMI cable will work? Most cable I’ve looked at on Amazon explicitly state that they don’t support HDMI playback because of HDCP limitation for HBO GO, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc… For example (although I ordered it), to see if they were incorrect:

Thank you.

Randy

1 Like