Nebula Capsule at Amazon.com

For all you lucky US residents, the Nebula Capsule is available at Amazon.com:

Seems like the price is still on the low side - though I don’t believe the original striked-through price on Amazon’s page will ever be in effect.

If you lost the Indiegogo campaign and were eyeing one, it’s your chance! I’ll keep on the lookout for the Canadian release.

4 Likes

The normal list price :joy:
For me is the nebula not an option. Maybe I will get a 2nd generation.

Just had this via email too

[Nebula] (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076Q3GBJK?&_encoding=UTF8&tag=nl_180111_nebulaol-20)

[Browser View] (https://us8.campaign-archive.com/?u=8cef8ef9170bc7c2431a15298&id=3d15f115a8&e=838f8ba795)

$349, for version 1 product?

Nope.

4 Likes

I second this. :grin:

If I had disposable income, sure I’d buy one. But I’ll pass until revisions come out

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

I’ve had a mess with a friends and I do like the concept but a few things need to be improved for version 2 (some might be done through firmware on version 1 1/2)…agree though on the price, think the early backer price’s of $199-249 is more suited for an entry gen 1.

Not even worth $199. Think of the problem it solves. Need to see can be solved via a $199 32" LCD screen which is brighter and more pixels. Need to hear via $30 Soundcore with more battery life. $30 Chromecast does a lot and is more portable.

My last investment was $270 for a 8" tablet with 4GB RAM 64GB storage which works in other use cases like airport and hotel.

Needs an order of magnitude value improvement.

1 Like

Not exactly a portable solution though, even though end quality and price is better :slight_smile:

There’s an argument to be made for professional presentations as well. I remember quite a few situations were something like this would be useful, and one time where everyone in the company I worked on got impressed with someone getting a small portable projector to make his presentation - is was very very dim even in a mostly dark room, and the image was so low-res there was hard-to-read text parts, but the concept hooked everyone.

Right now, unless you want a absurdly large image, there’s no beating a large TV on price and image quality. But a large TV is stuck in place. There’s a compromise to be made regarding both the price and the image quality here, sure, and it’s a kind of niche product, but I wouldn’t dismiss it completely. I can see a market for that, even at the current price.

1 Like

If i want portability its a Chromecast in the ubiquitous LCD screens. I can cast off my mobile.

Sometimes you need to bring a projector for business meetings but needs to be bigger brighter for a room of people with the lights on so they can type and rarely do you need loud sound at the same time as its usually a person in the room speaking. If the people are small enough in quantity you bring a laptop and point the screen at them.

Given how fast technology advances, I’d expect the same form factor to make a brighter projector in a year. I believe the challenge is going to be sound because brighter lights need active cooling fan, as all the projectors I have seen with my own eyes make a fairly loud fan noise. Anker limiting to passive cooling is likely what is limiting how bright and therefore the distance you can project and the pixels.

Large screens are ubiquitous. HDMI is less ubiquitous as it only really got popular last couple of years. A $30 Chromecast and your phone in wifi hotspot mode and cast your screen of a Android Powerpoint app works very well and is highly pocketable.

If its a large room of people, you need a large hence bright projector we can borrow one if required at work. Usually the large room is explicitly designed for meetings and comes with projector or large LCD already. I think I have needed to bring a project once in the last decade. If a small set of people who can be right up close then a 13"-15" laptop just pointed at them is workable.

I can see situations like outdoor events where you project onto a sheet hanging from a tree or onto a rock but then you’re either talking night hence cold or daylight hence needs to be very bright.

I love gadgets but a $350 does-nothing-well-gadget has no value proposition for me.

1 Like

That seems to be the consensus around these parts.

I think I will continue waiting for some discount according to my economy :relieved: