My Soundcore Arc review/ comparison to Spirit X

Great review. I know what you mean regarding the unboxing pics :joy:

The earhooks sound great. I can see a thin metal rod going through the arm which will keep its shape so should really help with keeping them In place.

The remote looks much better and I like the cable. These ridges should stop it sticking to your neck. All looks great here.

Obviously, sound is most important over all but these things really help.

Omg, yes these did not stick to my neck at all, where the flat cord of the spirit x did. It’s the little things we do not notice u til something better comes along. I just wish I could combine all the differences into one great products, but you can never have it all as there would be no change or advancements if that were the case

1 Like

Great review @elmo41683 , nice to see easily differential button’s again and the fit does look secure :ok_hand:

1 Like

I left my Spirit X on the bus. Was so annoyed with myself but means I need these now :joy:

2 Likes

Great comparison, @elmo41683… thanks for posting!

Nice comparison pictures and a great review thank you for sharing. I would go for the spirit X personally. I like the ipx rating raised play button on the remote and the Bluetooth 5.0.

Imo BT 5.0 is far from what it can and should be for headphones.
The main differences between Bluetooth 4.2, Bluetooth 5 has:

2x the data rate…pointless for headphones as streaming rate is not the same as data rate.
4x the range…also moot because in order to achieve a longer range you charge ge the data rate and since most headphones can only stream to a certain degree, range is only slightly increased.
8x the broadcast capability, the biggest benefit of 5.0 cannot fully be realized with headphones as it’s mainly recieving and not transmitting.
Battery life is another added bonus, but that’s only if implemented by manufacturer. So realistically 4.2 will perform near identical to 5.0, just minor differences to set it apart.

But I do agree with the Spirit X for its sweatproof design and longer battery life. If only used for music and occasional podcast,otherwise the Arc is better suited for phone calls and podcast.

The remote play button on the spirit x is flush with the other buttons maki g it hard to just grab and select the right button,where as on the Arc, it is also raised but is designed differently from the other two so you literally can grab it and know what button your pressing without having to feel for it.

1 Like

More data better sound fidelity am I right?

I was referring to the raised :arrow_forward:symbol on the X or at least that’s what it looks like in the pic but I do agree that the button layout on the arc is preferable. I would like to see raised symbols on all buttons on future models and the Arc button layout.

2 Likes

Excellent review and comparison between the two. Thanks for the pics :slight_smile: The fit on the Arc looks much more comfortable and flush with the ear. I do prefer the slim look of the ear piece and look of the controls on the X though.

Trust me, the contolls are much better on the arc. Currently using them now at work.

1 Like

People who have picked up your headphones may be very happy.:joy:

In summary, which product do you prefer?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I like them both, just depends on what I’m using them for. If I’m just listening to music it’s the Spirit X hands down, but if I’m listening to podcast and plan to make phone calls then the Arc wins.

But both will get used equally while I’m at work and in the pool.

I am sure they are grrrrrrrr

2 Likes

So, similar to what I experienced with my Spirit X, these seem to sound better and offer offer slightly more bass after having broken them in a bit. I used these all week, except for last night since I was sick, but I did put them through the paces and they have a much warmer sound to them. The vocals are still nice and crisp, but the bass seems to have a bit more added depth to them. Now I wouldn’t hesitate to reccomend either of these headphones as they sound amazing once “broken in”. I will alternate between these two at work from now on, depending which one I have charged at the time.

1 Like

I just received Soundcore Spirit (video review coming soon), and now I know exactly what you’re talking about with the remote controls. To me, it’s not that the play button isn’t raised, it’s that it isn’t very tactile, at all. Not a big deal because it still works but quite the difference compared to Anker’s other earphones no doubt.

1 Like

I have grown use to using it, but still a chore if I had been using the Arc and then switch to these since the remote is on different sides. Looking forward to your review.

1 Like

Very useful review!