My review of the Soundcore Flare + and Flare Mini

Hello everyone,

It’s been a while since my last review of an Anker /Soundcore product. I recently received the Soundcore Flare Mini, part of the “We love testing” program.
I thought it was a great time to give my opinion about it, but also about the Flare+ I already own for a few months now.
My Flare+ is sitting on my bedside table, I use it to play a piano playlist Everytime I’m going to bed. I set the LED lights to play the “Breathe” mode, it’s kind of a pulsating redish glow I find very relaxing.
I was excited to received the Flare Mini, because I would finally be able to pair both of the speakers together to create a stereo sound.
After watching a YouTube video to perfectly understand how to do it (the folding paper in the box is not really detailed), I successfully paired them together, and started blasting sound from the 2 extremities of my terrace.
Sitting in the middle allows me to hear the sound coming from both sides, and I can already imagine the same setup during parties or evenings out with my friends.
The only frustrating part of the pairing is that the light schemes are not paired. Tapping on the light button switches the mode on both speakers, but there is no way to have both speakers with the same mode at the same time. I tried unpairing, resetting, setting the light mode same on both speakers before pairing them together, no luck in either of the scenarios I tried.
If anyone knows how to do it, I would be so thankful ! I think it would be perfect if both speakers were also light-synced !

Thank you for reading me, here are a few photos I shot during this weekend at the beach:

6 Likes

Nice review and great photos!

4 Likes

Great pictures…but how is the sound? Battery life? How is the bass level and which would you prefer between the two?

As for the lights, have you tried using the soundcore app to sync the lights? I know on the regular flare i was able to do this via the app

3 Likes

The sound is actually great on both speakers ! Of course the Flare+ has more power and more bass, but even the Flare Mini can fill an entire room with sound or power your outdoor evening just fine. Even at Max. Volume, I never heard any saturation or weird sound. It was always clear.
Battery life is great. I think, though never measured it scientifically, I can use my Flare+ for about 15 to 20 hours without charging it. I always charge it when it reaches about 20 percent, so I’m pretty confident I could reach 25 hours easily.
Regarding the lights, I thought about the App too, but the Flare Mini is not available on the app, only the Flare, Flare+ and maybe the Flare S but not sure.

2 Likes

Great review

2 Likes

If you sync the flare mini tothe plus, the lus can be controlled by the app and shoukd auto sync the lights as well since the plus is the controller

2 Likes

Love the pics. :slight_smile: Well done.

2 Likes

I can try to link to Mini to the +, I’ll see how it goes. Thanks for the tip. Let’s hope it works.

1 Like

In your first post you said
“I was excited to received the Flare Mini, because I would finally be able to pair both of the speakers together to create a stereo sound.”

Which i assumed meant you had already paired the 2 speakers together.

1 Like

Great review, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Good review… how long ago were the photos?
That shot of one of the speakers sunk into the wet sand almost gave me a stroke.

are they still working well? if so, I’ll be keeping an eye on these bad boys for MY patio

1 Like

@Eins7ein if that gave you a stroke then watch my video review of the original flare when it came out
Here

4 Likes

Cheese & Rice! That was a FULL dunk!
Good to know that they’re durable like that. The range was impressive too

Great job in the video too (meh on the vertical), great info and not a boring 20 minute ordeal lol
Bonus points for not 1 but 2 Saabs!

2 Likes

Nice review and pics!

1 Like

I took those photos on Sunday, but immediately when I got home, I washed both speaker with tap water to remove the salt. Everything is working fine :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for your review. The pictures look great! Why not share these pictures on social media and don’t forget to tag our official account @soundcoreaudio and add the hashtag #breaktheillusion. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

yeah, salt & sand are no joke. you’ve put these badboys high on the list for me… I’d been looking at another brand, but now I’ve got a choice to make.

1 Like

Great review and pictures, thanks for sharing :+1::+1:
@Tank like the video review and throwing the flare in water. :joy:

1 Like

Excellent review and pictures @Antoine_Turpin …the Flare lineup certainly hold their own against sand, dust, water or flat out drowning :grin:

3 Likes

Already shared on Instagram :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes