My review of the PoweWave 7.5 Wireless charger

Great review and pictures @jepha :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s a really great idea. I did not test without the case. I would be more than happy to retest and post the results!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

1 Like

Ooooh, I love this review. The pictures help out a lot. This thing seems to charge super fast!

2 Likes

Great review and great pictures!

2 Likes

A great review, I need to buy one too.

1 Like

Great review and pics. Its good to see you can charge through the case. I’ve heard that some of the chargers have issues charging through the case.

1 Like

Thanks for including the Apple Watch charging dock in your photo. My Anker wireless charger (2.5" diameter) sits right next to my Apple Watch charging dock, so it’s nice to get a reference point for the size of the Powerwave charger.

BTW, that Powerwave charger is big. What’s the diameter on that? 4.5"? If I put my iPhone 8 Plus on my Anker wireless charger, the charger disappears completely underneath it.

Hey Anker, when are you making a multi-device wireless charging pad? To charge 2 phones and 2 apple watches at the same time???

1 Like

They listed a multicharger is gonna be released soon

2 Likes

great review really nice photos to go with it

1 Like

Excellent review & pictures @jepha :sunglasses:

Great review! Wanna get this now.

Did Anker specify whether any power IQ 2.0 chargers (which have yet to be released) will be able to run the wireless charging at 10W, rather than using a QC 3.0 charger?

Sorry my friend! Currently, if you want to run the wireless charging at 10W, you can only use a QC 3.0 charger.:innocent:

1 Like

But IQ2 mimics QC3 right?

I think the question was interpreted incorrectly. If what @AnkerOfficial has said in the past is true, your question, @justin.mah would be answered yes.

Exactly what joshuad11 said. I would assume that Power IQ 2.0 would be able to determine optimal voltage/current requirements and adjust accordingly. Why wouldn’t a charger with Power IQ 2.0 be able to output 10W to the Powerwave?

1 Like

Awesome!, I think I might just go and buy one of these myself!

There are signals that IQ2 will be upgraded in the near future.

So sorry for the delay in response. I have just tested charge times without the case.

To recap, charging with the case stood at:
30 min 24%
1 hr 47%
2 hr 88%
Full charge 3 10

Without the case, charge times were:
30 min 28%
1 hr 55%
2 hr 88%
Full charge 2 hours 55 min

So, taking the case off did in fact improve charge time, knocking about 15 min off the 3 hours 10 min I initially timed during my review.

I never take my phone out of my case, so I never even thought of that as a factor. Great idea to test without the case, @elmo41683!

2 Likes

Good deal, it’s nice to see that times did improve. But, like you said you never take your case off and most people are the same way so comparing both times gives users a better idea of charge times and what to expect.

1 Like