My Nebula Mars II Review

Thanks for the review.

I dont think the Netflix app can run HD on the Mars II as reading about it online only certain hardware is approved by Netflix to run the app at HD. I will try via Chrome browser as it my be a workaroundā€¦

Great review and nice pics!

Thanks for sharing!

Does the projector have full keystone (horizontal + vertical) correction or its just vertical ?

If the projector is placed not in the center of the screen but to the left or right side will picture still be right ?

So an update on this, on Friday when I went to go use the projector it wouldnt turn on. After opening and closing the shutter you could hear the fan spin up for a second or two and then shots off. I tried for 20 minutes to get it to work, and finally It turned onā€¦but after about 5 minutes it would power itself down and reboot.
So Iā€™m at a loss of why itā€™s doing this, software is up to date and it was working fine the day before this started. Since this was a test unit and itā€™s over a year old I doubt support will do anything. Shame because I loved using this for family nights

Weirdā€¦same behaviour on and off battery? You could try support but like you said it was a supplied unitā€¦Could be a good opportunity for a tear down video to try and repair :wink:

Yea same on and off battery, I could do a tear down but most likely the clips will break

:grimacing: bad deal. Definitely bad publicity for anker/nebula. Maybe tell nebula that when you email them and see what happens :man_shrugging:.

I mean it was free, but at the same time it wasnā€™t. You got it for being a contributor right?

Ok it seems like I narrowed it down to the plug, if its plugged into the projector but not the wall it still does this, but when its unplugged entirely it will stay running for at least 2 hours before shutting down and rebooting and staying on again.

Weird because yesterday it didnt matter and today itā€™s only when the plug is in. So maybe the plug went bad and causing a short or loop issue

It appears to be a DC barrel plug right? Which means as long as you can get one with the right specs, it shouldnā€™t be too hard to replace- right?

Itā€™s a oddball one, I tried a laptop one with the same specs that works and it did the same thing. And just went into a restart/ shutdown loop so Iā€™m not even sure what its cause is now. Seems like a grounding issue but Iā€™m not really sure

Sounds like a loose wire or solder failures on the DC port which is causing a loop when the circuit is completed (by inserting the barrel plug)ā€¦

Support asked for a video of whatā€™s going on so Iā€™m gonna get that together and send it to them. Might not be until this weekend due to me being back to work now, but Iā€™ll try to get it to them asap.

cool review :sunglasses:

1 Like