My Nebula Capsule review

Excellent review & pictures @deeznutz :thumbsup:

@elmo41683 Had a mess with a friends Nebula Capsule and depending on the lighting and your projection endpoint (screen / wall etc) the image can appear washed out. In a dark room (like the cinema) brightness and colours were quite surprising for such a small little unit.

Only downside I picked up on at the time was the speaker, that while good for a medium size room, the fan can sometimes impact on quieter moments in video playback. Pairing a more powerful SoundCore to your video source (tablet etc) soon sorted :grin:

1 Like

Sounds good, hopefully I can get one at some point

Thank you for the review with all these pictures. Do you think that it was worth to invest the money into the capsule?

That depends on your needs. If you’re into home cinema, then probably not. You would buy the Nebula mainly for portability: for example, you rented a hall for your mother’s 60th birthday and you want to play a home made video of family pictures, then this would be a good choice.

I can also see taking this camping and using the side of the tent to watch a movie or play video games for the kids if they get bored

This is something I’m very interested in getting a hold of. This would be perfect for my Class Room or basement.

But is it not just 480p I’m not sure if I would like to play a game with that resolution

If your out camping does it really matter?

No you are right. I wouldn’t even play a game there. Do we know if we could power the capsule with a battery pack?

Indeed you can as the power draw isn’t that much

Good review great product

Nice review, i would really like to have one of these :smiley:

Really happy that everyone like the review.

It really is a great product!

@Kopra_12 Yes, the Capsule can be charged with a battery pack. In one of the pics, you can see a battery pack next to it. Of course it is a Anker battery pack :slight_smile:

Great review and action pics.

I really want to get one of these, but I don’t have a reason for one or a wall that it would work on.

Have there been any discount on the capsule recently? Ankeroffical stated that they are trying to put more discounts on the capsule but I think I only came across a 25% discount. Not sure if that was the extent of the promotion.

How exactly would you play video games? It does not have play store capability. Sideload? For that cost you can get a 10" tablet which can do more.

Last time I went camping was when I was about 17 or 18, so some 16 years ago. But, we brought our playstation and Sega remastered console. We plugged into the power inverter we had and projected the game on our tent to play. That old projector was a pain l, big and bulky and power hungry. Figure this is smaller and more compact and less power hungry, so all you need to figure is the power for your game system

I expect just a smartphone would be enough for nearly everything

I also see buyers remorse. It is logical for an improved version soon. There is room for improvement in brightness, sound and features like adding play store.

Your descring car camping not backpack camping where power hungry uses add up weight

You obviously are using this to its fullest capabilities, good job👍