My Eufy Night Light, Plug in Review

I received this Eufy Nightlight via the Power user page, this is my unbiased review.

Ever since we moved her to North Carolina I have enjoyed the new house and change of scenery. One problem we have had in the house is that at night it gets wiked dark. Because the house is surrounded by trees all around, no natural light makes its way into the house when it gets dark. This forces us to have to turn on the lights anytime we want to transverse throughout the house at night, the problem with that is all the lights in the house have been converted to LED lighting which when its been pitch dark and you turn them on it can be very blinding. So to save face from blinding ourselves I was looking into getting some soft white glow lights to strategically place around the house, I remember @nigelhealy saying that these lights were good for that, so when I saw them on the power page I had to test them out.

This is my second product from eufy, with the first being the Eufy Genie. The genie came in a box that I had pretty much known and seen before, but these nightlights came in a recycled cardboard box with very minimal graphics on it… I have to say I praise them for going this route because often times companies get caught up in packaging and it can be overwhelming and they tend to overlook the actual product.

Inside the box is the 4 nightlights, these are the plug in version, they also have the stick on version. The main difference between the plug in and stick on is the plug in are dusk to dawn and the stick on is motion sensor.

As for placement, I placed one of these in the bedroom hall… this is the biggest area where we needed the lights because the dogs sleep outside the bedroom and myself or my wife leave early morning/night to go to work. The second light was placed in my sons bedroom. The third light was placed in the office room next to the deck doors, It reflects off the floor and lights up the area pretty well. And the fourth light was placed in the Tack/workout room so when you come or go to the garage you don’t have to turn those lights on either which is great if your hands are full.

I love that these lights turn on and off as needed, I tested these with my power meter and they draw so very little power I don’t mind if they end up staying on. The light in the bedroom Hall is the only one that stays lit due to the long dark hall, but I am ok with this as I mentioned the dogs sleep outside the bedroom and tend to roam around the hallway so they at least have some light and anyone who walks through the area can see their way around.

So far these lights have exceeded my expectation and are working great. They stay cool to the touch so I do not have to worry about the dogs brushing against them or the cats. They help light the way at night and keep us from having to turn the bright LED lights on so its a win win.

The only thing I wish is that there was a way to disable the photo sensor or there was a switch to keep the light either on or off. The reason for this is that the one I placed in the tack room dims and brightens as it should based on the amount of light coming in, but that room always has varying light coming in due to the trees and how close it is to the garage… I just worry long term that the sensor may go bad. But it does come with an 18 month warranty so I can live with it. I plan on getting a few more of these to place around other dark areas of the house, So if you have a need for a night light or at the very least a dusk to dawn light then these are perfect. They are lightweight, draw very little power, and super minimalist so they do not take up much space. My recommendation is buy buy buy, you will not be disappointed.

11 Likes

Oho, you got 4 of the lamps!
For me as a poor European there were only 3! :smile:

But I have installed these 3 tiny lamps at the perfect places…hehe!
So its easy now to find a secure way to my beloved beer in the basement quickly .

4 Likes

you must have the stick on motion sensor ones then, as they come in a 3 pack

3 Likes

Yes!
Non permanent, only when I am staggering around in the dark basement…
There is light! :joy:

2 Likes

Nice review! Those would be great for me, with a little baby waking up for diaper changes in the middle of the night… Not available in Canada, though. I once got the stick-ons on the Power Draw, and got really excited about them too, but those weren’t available for a while so they sent me a Soundcore Motion B instead - no complaints here.

I ended up getting drugstore night lights with light sensors, which are… almost OK. I wish I could get the Lumi Plug-in here!

1 Like

Thanks for taking all that time! It’s really helpful people like you that make this place great!

2 Likes

Would consider getting these for upstairs in the landing - so the kids can get to the bathroom without switching on the big lights.

2 Likes

Before attaching the lamps, try to find the best place and check if the whole space is illuminated.
This note might be ridiculous, but you know its only a hint.:grin:

I had to change the place of the lamps I installed at the stairs to the basement several times.
Now I can see the end of the stairs perfectly. :grin:

1 Like

Good call for the stick on ones, no need with the ones I have, as you can just move them to another plug

Did you stick yours on or did you use the screw attachment?

I taped the LUMI with adhesive strips at the bottom and the left side.
So the wall is not affected and damaged. :wink:

I attached it at the top of the steps, so all the stairs are illuminated.

1 Like

Good review @elmo41683 :ok_hand:…keep meaning to pickup a pack of the stick on ones myself…

Great review, well done! :heart_eyes_cat:

Great review, I had a chance to review these to, but I choose another item. I’ve been wanting a set of these and your pictures are a lot better than the ones on the sales page.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

1 Like

Great review. :slight_smile:

Thanks, these really do work great. I just placed an order for 4 more, two will go in the laundry and 1 more will go in the tack room and the other by the front door. If you do get these figure out how many you need because they come in a four or six pack.

1 Like

If you start once to install the LUMIs you find more and more places were you “need” them. :grin:
So I have mine attached flexible first
and I can change the location.

As I’m still altering the places, I think I will order more! (motion sensor)

Its a kind of obsession! :confused:

Haha, its seems this is true. Lol. But I’m only gonna get 4 more, dont wanna light up the whole place at night

Result will be LUMIs all around in the house!

Like an old castle :
Many tiny torches installed at the walls everywhere… :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the review, they help so many people choose!