My brand new, now-fully-charged SoundCore does not switch on

Please contact support@Anker.com, we will help you sort out as soon as possible.:hugging:

2 Likes

Just received my Anker Soundcore Pro here in Indonesia, tested it on 23rd Dec, not working. I thought it may be drained battery. Then I tried to charge it without success. So, can’t be on, can’t be charge.
Order it from AliExpress official Anker store, so now open dispute to them (order id 88158084366988)
Sad…

I have to say I see a lot of people claiming issues with charging lately. My only suggestion would be to try and charge the device using a different cable and plug, and to try to let it charge for 8 hours minimum in order to rule out charging issues or faults with the cable or plug

1 Like

Excellent suggestions there @elmo41683

The pessimist in me says it’s due to the fact that Anker often just sends a replacement device rather than requesting the defective unit back for inspection to confirm an actual fault…in essence a two for one deal to the end user…

If the issues are down to a defective batch (from serials of reported devices), I would have thought that we would have heard something on here from Anker to advise of an issue and options for recompense (such as the extended warranty or swap offer on the Roav’s a while ago)

This was where my mind was going but I hate to be the one to outright say so and try to give people the benefit of the doubt

It’s been mentioned a few times by others. Like Anker mentioned in the responses they do prefer to give the benefit of doubt but they are always watching out for repeat offenders… :smiling_imp:

…kudos to them though that customer service is put before anything else :smile: :thumbsup:

1 Like

I am another in the same Situation. I purchased a Soundcore Pro via Ali Express Anker store, it worked ok out of the box but after 2 days I tried it again and it was turning on but no sound although syncing with my phone. I left it charging for a couple of hours and now totally dead. I left it to charge overnight with a known good charger and cable and still dead. After reading comments on here and other forum and youtube it seems a known and common issue with this model. Comments suggest the unit fails to charge due to substandard USB components? I am hoping for a replacement or full refund.

Hi @wgarrard, please send a message to support@anker.com with this issue description and the serial number from the unit as well as your Ali Express order number. Please note that they are currently on a holiday break so Anker’s response may be delayed. Thanks!

Glad you realized this is a defective product early on. This product has a serious design flaw in the power supply section. I have had two Soundcore Pro units burn up on me within 3 months of use. They are a fire hazard and should be recalled.

Ist of all a big Thumbs up to Anker. After raising the fault and sending a video of the unit I was given a full refund and told no need to return the dead unit. Appart from the disappointment getting a swift refund has allowed me to order a replacement, a Soundcore Boost. Before I put the dead Pro in the general waste I decided to remove the Lithium battery to dispose of in a recycle bin. As soon as I popped the top off I could smell electrical burning. After full disassembly, I got to the battery. Nothing inside appeared burnt or damaged, in fact it appeared perfect. Looking at the battery once removed it is labeled 3.7v 14.8wh.
I put a multimeter across the terminals and was very surprised to see a reading of 8.8v. Maybe this was the issue. Presumably, the battery is made up of cells and maybe they are wired wrongly in series instead of parallel. Anyway, the battery has a good charge so I will keep it as a souvenir to power a camping light. Not sure how I can charge it though.

A day left alone and the battery now shows 10.8v. How does that work?

Same problem. After charge, Soundcore Pro has stopped working. It appears to pair normally, but no sound. ???

Same problem, with Soundcore Pro, after approx one year working fine.

Hi @apaff,

Sorry to hear your issue, please be assured that we always standing behind our products, you could send an email to support@anker.com. We will help you solve the issue as soon as possible.

Hi @apaff,

Sorry to hear your issue, please be assured that we always standing behind our products, you could send an email to support@anker.com. We will help you solve the issue as soon as possible.

Hi @apaff,

Sorry to hear your issue, please be assured that we always standing behind our products, you could send an email to support@anker.com.

We will help you solve the issue as soon as possible.

I’ve actually had 3 soundcore speakers break on me…the first was a soundcore boost and it just started squealing when I was listening to music then it turned off…and I’ve had two soundcore pros now and they both stopped working after I charged them for more than 12 hours…I honestly think it has something to do with a short going from the battery to the power button cuz the USB port still charges my phone and everything

I purchased my soundcore boost about two months ago and it stopped working. I was playing music and it cut off during the song. I charged the device and got the same result.

I agree with you … I think he needs to leave his nerves aside and patiently try to solve the problem…

well said!!! :rofl: