Motion events are recorded but No Push Notifications

I don’t think this issue is fixed. I have been having the problem with no push notifications since yesterday. Someone came onto my porch with a delivery and there was no push notification and no recording either. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it seemed to be working, but I’ve had to do it again this morning. Please advise!

I did not have a problem with push notifications today.
Before uninstalling and installing the app, did you try restarting your HomeBase and logging off and on in your app?

I had a home base, doorbell and one camera all set up and working properly. I added a second camera and the push notifications stopped. here is what I did and what eventually fixed my problem.

1. followed the guidelines from Eufy about setting up push notifications - all 4 of them (as laid out above) - nothing.
    1.a restarted iPhone - nothing
  2. Restarted Home base - nothing
  3. deleted the two cameras and re-added them again (which is a pain, you have to get them down and sync them next to the home base). i couldn’t locate another way. - nothing
  4. restarted home base again - nothing
  5. turned off notifications and turned them on, rebooted phone - nothing
  6. logged out and logged back in (also had my wife, who is an admin do the same, although she isn’t having the same issue come to find out) - nothing
  7. uninstalled the Eufy Security app and re-added it - Fixed. Push Notifications working once again.

be sure you have your privacy settings to allow deleting of iPhone apps, otherwise, it’s just going to delete it from the home screen and move it to the app library.
How to change your settings to allow delete: Settings->Screen Time ->Content & Privacy Restrictions ->iTunes & App Store Purchases -> Deleting Apps = Allow

hope one of the above I tried helps you all. and yes, I know this is a year old post, but I think I tried all the suggestions in here. Thank you all who contributed.

1 Like

Re : # Motion events are recorded but No Push Notifications

Had exactly the same issue with two 2c cameras and went through the steps 1 to 6 listed by “mar34” to try to correct the problem without any success.

However, item 7 from the list did the trick. Uninstalled the app following the exact steps laid out, especially checking the privacy settings to allow deleting of iPhone apps completely, reinstalled the app and Push notification working again.

As additional info, the problem seemed to coincide and start with the latest software update to the iPhone (iOS 14.4.1).

Hope the above helps someone to resolve the same issue…

Thanks for letting us know what step helped you resolve your issue. Maybe others can try the same step and get it working

Hi,
Same issue is happening again, noticed NO notifications for past few hours (May 18 , 2021 Australia)

restarted homebase, no go. checked PUSH notifications, all on, have not changed anything in the App. (on IPhone.)

Eufy Server issue on their end again perhaps?

please fix?

Have you gotten any notifications since you posted this??

I shut down and restarted each camera and also rebooted the base unit and now notifications have come good.

very weird?

Yeah that’s strange, at least you are getting notifications again :+1:

Yeah that’s strange, at least you are getting notifications again :+1:

Yes, glad its working again… :smile:

i was thinking it could have been related to a fix that may have been done for that Security breach issue?

Possibly. It wasn’t so much a breach as a hash table was in error so you were routed back to the incorrect IP. Would impact notifications as that’s a network function.

Separate issue, more important, is why there is one shared encryption key…