More bass and loudness from a... soda bottle?

Interesting. Thnanks for posting

1 Like

The problem with this is that soda bottle or not it still wont make up for low powered crappy internal speakers. Sure it will add bass,but not nearly enough to do it justice. Decent concept that I think is poorly executed

3 Likes

Hahaha. Imagine having to carry an empty bottle with you too. No thanks.

2 Likes

Yes funny!
As I never drink any soda or coke I wonder if it works with one of my favourite bottles! :laughing:

Emptying is quite easy as you see! :relaxed:

4 Likes

im hoping its only a gag :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I believe the idea behind it is something like this: you are at the beach, or on a park, and you already drank a soda, or a bottle of water you purchased onsite and you can use the now empty bottle to increase your music experience even with a tiny speaker.

The glass is too dense and it’s resonant frequency is too high. It wouldn’t work very well although it’s contents would work just fine cheering you up! :grinning:

3 Likes

I would say this in a nut shell was the most likely reason :thumbsup:

1 Like

This reminds me of some old Unbox Therapy video, there was a similar product that used empty wine and glass bottles to amplify sound. Seems pretty cool.

Edit- Here’s that video, it really does seem to improve the sound quality. https://youtu.be/-_boNMWC-fg

1 Like

Using a CLEAN DRY pint glass, place mobile phone inside with speaker towards the bottom of the glass… This will amplify your sound n give some extra bass tone (especially if like the glass @fhassm is showing, nice n thick)… Try it, you’ll be surprised at the boost‽

But you need to empty the glass first!
Not possible with the glass I show at the photo.

If not doing this, the speaker needs IPX7

And what a waste of good AUGUSTINER if not emptied. :grin:

Funny, Lol

Can always slice a slit in an RMPTY tube of pringles, just big enough for your phone.

Remove lid from pringles, and play music.

Better be extra specific then having someone blaming you for putting their phones into beer, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Very interesting might have to try one of these out.

2 Likes

If the phone is IPX7 there is no problem putting it into a full glass of beer.
But the amplification of the sound will work?
Who knows. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

More bubbles, better foam, may be!

reminds me about the pringles speaker :sweat_smile:

1 Like

More specific than… Clean dry glass?

Not sure I can be more specific‽

2 Likes

Yes indeed! :laughing:

Dry is dry. Full is full! :grin:

Prosit from Munich!

That’s what I meant! All caps and everything so it’s extra clear!