Mighty Anker PowerExtend 12 Strip Review

Mighty Anker PowerExtend 12 Strip : Review

Received the PowerExtend 12 Strip for the “We Love Testing” event from Anker Community, thanks to @Ankerofficial for choosing me for testing this product.

Whats in the Box:

Product came in Anker’s Signature White-Blue box

Contents in the box : Anker PowerExtend 12 Strip, Quick User Manual / Overview Guide and Happy Card.

Anker PowerExtend 12 Strip :

The power strip itself has top surface of 11 1/2 in x 4 1/2 with 12 AC power sockets, 6 of them in center row with 3 sockets on each side of the center row (total 6).

For power, there is On / Off Switch / Reset Button with Power LED in the switch.

There are 3 LED indicating Grounded Protection (1 led) and Dual Surge Protection (2 leds). When the switch is turned ON, the 2 surge protection and grounded protection LEDs turn Blue and the Power light will turn White.

The surge protection feature is mentioned to protect electronic equipment against voltage fluctuations, surges and spikes . If the 2 surge protection lights are Off, this indicates the surge protection is not functioning normally.

In the event of a power overload, the On/Off switch will cut off the power automatically.

Power trip has 6 ft white / thick gauge reinforced cable.

The cable socket itself is angled construction, 0.8-inch flat plug makes it easier to connect behind the TV / Media cabinet.

Bottom Surface has mounting options, gives option to mount on wall or table. I don’t use the mounting options, and leave it flat surface in the media cabinet.

Some important points, This power strip is only compatible with US voltages, and therefore can not be used in other countries. and the total wattage of connected devices must not exceed 1875W.

Specs per the User Guide:

AC Input: 125V AC 60Hz 10A
AC output: 125V AC 60Hz 15A 1875W
Surge Energy: 4000J
Size: 11 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 1.2 in
Cable Length: 6 ft

Usage:

Existing TV / Media Cabinet has Cable modem, RPis (3), Wifi Routers, Roku / Fire TV devices, TV, Surround Sound System & home landline (cordless) phones plugged in via 3 separate power strips in a daisy chain method.

PowerExtend 12 gave me an opportunity to get rid of these 3 separate power strips into a single strip, connected to main power.

Even before I un-plugged the device power cables and device adapters, found that the landline cordless phone adapter was burning hot, and had a very faint burning plastic smell, which may be due to heat generated by its cable shorting , may be would have burst out or tripped the power had I not checked into replace power strips with Anker PowerExtend strip.

I wouldn’t have thought to check in this had I not got the power extender… so not directly, but indirectly this testing unit has helped / saved me.

I Need to keep checking these extenders and AC adapters more often now, added some reminders to check it once in 3 months.

PowerExtend 12 saved me from a big trouble (might have been worst) even before I plugged it into the mains, It is a savior for sure. May be I got selected for testing this unit for a reason

Power adapters such as the ones for Streaming, raspberry Pis, these occupy the space and a turning / rotatable socket would have been beneficial, as the these sockets eat up the space / reduces space for other sockets to connect. Due to the adapter sizes, no space available - have not connected other 2 RPis - shifted the location.

Positives for this power strip are immediately eliminates need for 2-3 separate power strip, long cable helps in connecting power mains if it is at a distance from cabinet, has quoted protection (from surge , overload , grounded), spacious power socket layout to allow large / small plugs to be connected.

Scope for improvement would be to have turning / rotatable sockets, which could help power adapters such as the ones for Streaming, save some space to some extent. Happy Card for Support services still lists the Google+ …

Overall a great product from Anker, with mighty capacity, turning one AC outlet into 12 to power up Large and Small Plugs, though Adapters may have limitations.

Links shared on Twitter, Instagram and Personal Blog – tech.shenoys.biz

8 Likes

Solid review as usual @Shenoy!! :+1::+1:

1 Like

Love this one! Great idea to put the length in the photo!

3 Likes

Thank you @Ankerofficial :slight_smile:

This is what I would call a “review”.
Enjoy the weekend!

3 Likes

Wow @Shenoy a really great review.

I quite enjoy your reviews when posted. Very thorough and thoughtful. Also noticed in this one, some suggestions for future improvements.

Glad you caught the potential short before anything serious could happen.

Looking forward to more reviews :star_struck::+1:

TS1

2 Likes

Thank you @Chiquinho :slight_smile: @TheSnarkyOne :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good review @Shenoy :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you @ndalby :slight_smile:

Love the review and the pic with the dimensions is neat!

1 Like

Thank you @Momo_Bobo :slight_smile:

Great thoughts and photos @Shenoy
Nice work mate :+1:t2:

1 Like

Well done in the review and thank you for always including a bunch of pics

1 Like

Thank you @paulstevenewing :blush: @ikari04warrior :blush:

3 Likes

Awesome review and great photos! :ok_hand::clap:

3 Likes

Thank you @Daiross :blush:

2 Likes

Great review as always @Shenoy! And nice touch adding that measurement app screenshot/photo

3 Likes

Thank you @Shivam_Shah :blush:

1 Like

This was a great get for me and love my PowerExtend 12! Congrats on yours.

I gave it five stars in my review.

2 Likes

Thanks @ryan.hilgemann :blush:

1 Like