Micro USB to USB C Adapters vs USB C Cables

I am trying to decide if I should get Micro USB to USB Adapters or USB C Cables. I had just bought a pack of Micro USB cables from Anker before switching from the Samsung Galaxy S7 to the Samsung Galaxy S8+. The S8+ plus came with an adapter which I was using on my old Micro USB cable but the cable is now worn out and the adapter broke somehow so I have to decide if I should get more adapters or get new USB C cables. I have multiple Fast charger wall plugs.

2 Likes

I have both.

1 Like

USB c to c is your best bet cable wise for the fastest charge, provided you have the appropriate plugs for it. Otherwise USB a to USB-C is your best bet, avoid adapters as that is more points of failure and potential for heat build up

2 Likes

Personally these are the cables that I would get. 6-foot cables will give you some freedom while charging your phone.

But @elmo41683 is correct type-c to type-c you give you the best fastest charge but you might have to upgrade your chargers if yours don’t have type c.

6ft 2 pack 19.99

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Powerline-Durability-Samsung-ChromeBook/dp/B0791W4G1Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1536862169&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=anker%2B6ft%2Btype%2Bc&th=1&psc=1

3 Likes

Smaller powerbanks do not have USB-C PD yet. So usb a to c cable is good for utilizing those ones.

Adapters are useful when you have 2 port charger and 4 devices to charge and few of them are usb c. More convenient on the go for me.
Never had micro usb to c adapter fail till now maybe I am lucky.

1 Like

I tried using the adapters n adapters with a usb-c wall charger, but was too slow… I personally find, when you use adapters you decrease the signal.

Whether I was a sound tech on a huge mix board, or working for a TV station tech, using a make do with an adapter, slowed the signal n decreased the quality or clarity, either sound/audio or picture quality were affected.

Seeing how affordable cables are these days, I’d vote to splurge on the c cables. Better performance, less fuss, nothing to pop off and lose.

3 Likes

Awesome responses people. I did get 2 USB A to USB C cables and did not get any adapters. I may sell the Anker micro USB cables

Thanks for your question this really helped me too, will look at investing in a cable over the adaptors, thanks all :thumbsup:

Depends on if you want to upgrade other tech, if so usb-c is the way to go as its kinda the new standard.