Maximize Your MacBook’s Potential | Up to 17% OFF

Hey Anker Fans!

If you’ve purchased a MacBook or any other lightweight laptop in the last couple of years, you’ll be all too familiar with seeing an alarming lack of ports. A lot of laptops don’t even offer a single measly USB-A port!

It’s gotten so bad that in a lot of cases, once you’ve got your power supply plugged in, you might only have one or two more ports left to play with, and that’s just not enough for most people.

Your only real option then is to pick yourself up a hub to unlock your laptop’s true potential.

Luckily, we’ve got some of our most port-heavy and powerful expansion options for MacBook on sale right now. Check them out below.

PowerExpand 9-in-2 USB-C Media Hub | 10% OFF with Code AKHUB4MAC2

Plugs directly into your MacBook’s 2 USB-C ports to offer a huge range of functions including media display, high-speed data transfer, and much more.

PowerExpand Direct 7-in-2 USB-C PD Media Hub | 17% OFF with Code AKHUB4MAC

Turns your MacBook’s 2 USB-C ports into 7 ports from an ultra-compact package. Chosen by iMore as one of the “Best USB-C Hubs for MacBook Pro”.

PowerExpand Direct 8-in-2 USB-C PD Media Hub | 10% OFF with Code AKHUB4MAC2

Expand your MacBook’s 2 USB-C ports into 1 multi-function USB-C port, 1 USB-C data port, 2 USB-A ports, 1 HDMI port, 1 SD card slot, 1 microSD card slot, and a Lightning audio port—all from one ultra-compact hub.

What do you think of the growing trend of new laptops having fewer ports? Let us know in the comments below.

Power On

Note: All discount codes listed above are valid until March 14th, 2021.

9 Likes

The 9 in 2 looks neat :+1:

@AnkerOfficial You might want to add these are US only codes.

2 Likes

Great adapter.
But no need, because my neanderthalian macbook is from 2010.
Works fine, but no more updates possible.
May be I will create a LINUX-Macbook! :rofl:

2 Likes

Duplicate thread :wink:

I can see some arguments for less ports.

• WiFi means less Ethernet
  • Bluetooth means less keyboard mice headphones
  • cloud storage means less backup via drives

But I think fewer ports causes

• more need for hubs
  • a hub represents added complexity outside of the laptop testing control
  • so a hub becomes a source of issues

There’s a lot of threads here where hubs don’t work and adding to all the threads about Bluetooth sound and microphone quality. Life would be simpler if you had a headphone socket and lots of ports.

1 Like

I did that with my 2008 Macbook! It runs great!

3 Likes

I know Ryan, but as long as my other old devices are in good condition and working properly I have only such a plan. :smile:

2 Likes

Ain’t broke don’t fix rule.

But eventually the OS is unsupported then apps won’t work on old OS so then re-life via Linux to run the current application versions then is logical.

You can setup like a Chromebook to be easier for those too cowardly not inclined to get into Linux.

2 Likes

Nice. My brother and father use MacBooks. I might have to get one of these for them for next Christmas

1 Like

Not for me but hopefully others can use the coupons :+1:

1 Like

Good rule! :grin:
“never change a running system”
is another good rule. :grin:

All programs i need are installed there and I dont need any new apps.
What will an old man do with new apps.
Those will only confuse him! :rofl:

2 Likes

You surprise me, I know someone with a 7 year old iPad, they stopped getting OS updates then Chrome couldn’t be updated then some websites wouldn’t work.

So I imagine anything which can’t run Linux eventually becomes useless.

1 Like

My Ipad :
I got one with a working kindle and an email app.
Its one from those really first ones.
Perfect construction. Stable and sturdy.
32GB, good for storing books.

The macbook I have is much better :
The Safari, Gimp, the WIN-Office etc are fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a 7 year old ThinkPad, it’s dying slowly, the power socket is cracked, when it actually does die I’ll buy something but I’ll be selective to something which can run Linux. The cheapest with plenty of ports are still Lenovo and Dell.

Laptops are very expensive now, prices kept high by work and school from home. Fingers crossed my laptop lasts months longer for the discounts once the demand drops.

1 Like

I do like to have a few ports to work with. I know my son’s gaming laptops are similar in the lack of ports that they are needed.

Although I do not have a Macbook but I can see potentially get an older one from my brother if he buys a new one. A LINUX Macbook sounds interesting, @Chiquinho

1 Like

Yes all prices for PC and laptops are getting expensive in those days.
I own two Lenovo T410S one in use, the other in reserve,
Both same LINUX configuration, same data.

2 Likes

If you really like to play around with LINUX an older laptop will do,
You can leave the WIN installed and can install LINUX, so you can choose when booting what system you want to use.

But tor the first attempt:
Create a bootable USB and try LINUX by booting from that.

1 Like

I don’t have hands-on Mac Linux but on DOS/Windows with Linux you can play non-change Linux boot stick to see if worth installing, then yes can install dual-boot so Windows not destroyed.

A good half way option is to make a bootable Linux stick and configure it with your applications and carry it in case the drive / OS goes snafu as backup until you can do a fix. The typical reason is a corporate image laptop who’s encryption broke and it won’t book, have that when away from an IT “professional” and you’re hosed without a USB Linux stick.

1 Like

Exactly! :smiley:
All the “old” laptops I was playing around with were working with LINUX.
So I am sure I will never be a WIN-user again.
There is really no reason, because I am not a gamer etc.

1 Like

2020 drove a lot of work-from-home and home-schooling technology decisions and corporates thrusting their preferred choice onto home workers.

The support threads here on hubs and bluetooth are all in hindsight obvious outcomes.

2022, we’ll be seeing the Anker USB-C port cleaning robovac, it will be squirting alcohol and pulling tweezers. You heard it here first. “Why didn’t Anker design the hub for dog hair!”.

1 Like