Mars II vs Capsule, need help

I am interested in getting an outdoor projector (backyard). I was looking at both the Mars II and the Capsule. It needs to work with Youtube TV, Chromecast and netflix. I can quantify the resolution between the two but are the speakers comparable? Can I add additional speakers if necessary? Thanks in advance.

I have The nebula II and when I used it the speakers were great, but because my neice watched the movie from inside her tent I decided to pair it to my two flares, this way she had one and we had one and it sounded amazing. So yes you can either use the internal speakers or pair your own via bluetooth.

2 Likes

The Capsule speaker is not bad bad but I’ve found external speakers have been a must last time I borrowed one. Once the fan kicks in on the Capsule, it can often drown out the quieter parts of a film…

My setup has often been Capsule, iPad via HDMI with x2 Flare speakers (or Boost) paired direct to the iPad (saves on possible lip sync issues)…

Not had chance to get my hands on a Mars II but I would think the speaker it much better due to its wattage output…

3 Likes

It didn’t even cross my mind that I could use my flares with one of the projectors! Now I’m seriously thinking of picking one up!

1 Like

With the Mars II you can pIr ut directly via bluetooth or use the internal speakers, either way you wont be disappointed. In fact, given its battery life I personally would choose it over the capsule.

I like idea of using the flares…Awesome ideas. Now i’ve got some decisions to make. Thanks for your help everyone.

If portability isn’t an issue I would go with the Mars II

2 Likes