Mars II: Choose The Hue!

Do you have any more tidbits on it? We can’t wait to get our’s for a summer of backyard movie watching with my twins!

Hopefully it’s a cloudy day… I don’t know if it will be that bright.

Do you have some kind of setup?

We don’t have anything permanent outdoors yet (minus outdoor speakers), but we plan to try out a portable unit and if we like it go from their with a screen etc. etc. Indoors we are setup well between our main living space and “man cave”. My Plex server has about 3500 movies and 10000 tv episodes though (50TB), plus we have an HDHomeRun for cable so my server side is ready to go :slight_smile:. Audio wise my house and outdoors is all chromecast audios/google home’s so we have that side fully figured out at least.

We do have a perfect location though, as we offset our fire pit in our backyard near the house so we have a large viewing area that can be right next to a good fire. Its perfect for us with toddlers as we can have the fire pit/movies (kids/adults) plus we have a play set nearby so kids can still run around crazy. We never really thought about the idea until our town had an outdoor movies series on the beach, which peeked my interest when we went.

1 Like

Sounds like you have a good plan and location :grin:

If you end up picking it up, please consider sharing you experiences back here on the Community! You may be one of the first to try it!

As far as any additional information, usually @AnkerOfficial does not provide much, but seeing that it’s planned to launch next month, you should find out more soon.

definitely and will do. I will be picking one up once its announced, the only hold up would be if II is worth the price difference and then I will decide between the I and II, more than likely it will be the II though :slight_smile:. I would love to see 1080p, but I have a feeling that wont be included (but isn’t a deal breaker either).

1 Like

Sounds great!
I think your kids will very satisfied with the open air cinema you built.:grinning:
If I have more news about Mar II, I will let you know.:grin:

1 Like

Do we know the price range for the new Mars II?

AnkerOfficial said “I think the price will be in the range of $400-$499 :slight_smile:” in this thread at some point.

New update: Mars II will be launched in mid-June.:grin:

5 Likes

I thought that referred to the Capsule (considering the message right before that)

Nope, that was referring to Mars II. Capsule wouldn’t increase in price.

No wonder Mars II is going to be cheaper… Check out this specs comparison.

OG Mars (click image to zoom in):

Mars II (click image to zoom in):

There are several downgrades (mainly in display quality and brightness) with only marginal upgrades (slight increase in battery life, a little smaller/lighter, and of course the newer Android OS version updates).

Also, it appears that the hue will be… Black!

Super exciting, right? :unamused: But I guess it’s what ultimately received the most votes in the end…

@AnkerOfficial - Do you know if any other color options will be offered?

Anyway, please share your thoughts on Mars II and how it stacks up vs. the original. Remember, it launches in mid-June for $400-$499.

@Jesse_Hernandez1 - Not quite living up to your wish list, huh? :laughing:

Lol, no not quite… What a let down but the specs aren’t final yet hopefully they realize what a huge mistake they are making. A 1080p version with newer Android better brightness and contrast would fly off the shelf. I can’t believe Anker would even entertain this silly idea. If the Mars II is released with these specs it will tarnish Ankers good name…

2 Likes

man, those specifications are really disappointing. where did you find that info?

i’ve been holding off buying a projector for a few months now, waiting for the mars ii but i might have to go in another direction now.

1 Like

Sorry to be the bearer of all the bad news, guys. :cry: I try to bring some good news on occasion, too!

3 Likes

3 Likes

I saw the email earlier when it got updated on fcc and I was so disappointed I didn’t even want to share it for fear of backlash for them going backwards in spec

2 Likes

Observation: Considering that Nebula Mars II just passed through the FCC and is scheduled to launch in mid-June, we should be seeing Soundcore Liberty Lite before too much longer if it is still on track for the widely advertised June 18 release date.

Oh my goodness I hope this is not final, but it probably is. I’m totally not purchasing this if that’s so. Why would you take an already nearly perfect product that only had software flaws and downgrade the brightness? Grrrr…I was actually looking forward to it’s release.

3 Likes

Ouch on the specs, surprised they took this route on what is essentially their premium model (compared to Capsule)…can see a few people who were waiting feeling like this…

3 Likes