Lost USB for wireless mouse

Look what shape port it is.

It’s probably MicroB at the mouse and probably USB A at the charger. They are very common and you probably own one.

If you need only a cable for charging a very normal Usb-A to Usb - micro will do

Post a picture of USB port

Sounds to me like the part that was lost was the wireless 2.4Ghz adapter that communicates with the mouse and plugs into a USB port on the PC.

Is this what was lost? (at the bottom right of the pic)

If so, you may be out of luck because I don’t believe Anker sells replacement parts like this to the public.

EDIT
Are you sure the receiver isn’t tucked into the mouse itself? Looking at pics of it, there is a “receiver slot” where one can store the 2.4Ghz receiver when not in use (for safe keeping). In the pic below, the receiver (with the Anker logo) can be seen in it’s storage/receiver slot at the bottom section of the mouse.

2 Likes

I have been so disappointed by Anker’s support, I feel like I have to share my experience. I too broke my USB receiver and needed a replacement. I contacted support to ask how can I buy one, because for environmental reasons I did not want to throw a perfectly working mouse.

The first answer I got was, because I was after warranty period, they can’t do anything. I then escalated the ticket (you can do that, there is a link in their answer), and got this outrageous response from a manager:

Hello,
Thank you for your message.
We do apologize for this situation. But please understand that, as our staff said, at the moment we do not sell mouse accessories separately. Since the dongle and the mouse are matched. The mouse and dongle have the same frequency, that’s why they can be used. If the dongle is lost, we cannot sell you a dongle with the same frequency.
Thank you very much for your understanding and support.
We can offer you a 15% discount for this negative experience. And we are so sorry for all the inconvenience.

Wish you a pleasant day!
Best regards,
Alami
Cas n°TNW779740216
Manager Service Client AnkerDirect

This is just a lie, you can absolutely pair a new USB dongle with the mouse, as it is stated in the manual. Moreover, we tried with a colleague of mine who had the exact same mouse (model A7852M), and it worked perfectly !

Anyway, all I can say is don’t believe Anker when they say “support will help you acquire a new dongle”. That was not my experience… Each time they offered a 10% or 15% percent discount so I can buy a new mouse, but they didn’t care that would be an environmental nonsense…

2 Likes

Where is this sentence about “acquiring a new dongle”?
I cant see it.
My be you copied the wrong side of the manual.

Oh man :scream:

You can easily find posts from Anker support asking to contact them to buy replacement parts, like this one for example:

I hope this satisfies your curiosity and that you’ll join me in shaming Anker for their dishonesty

1 Like

Maybe they have changed their rules when it comes to buying parts

Sure, maybe they did, nevertheless it is environmentally irresponsible…

1 Like

THANK YOU! for saving me lost time. I just googled the same issue; I have multiple anker vertical mice and I cannot find the usb ports for them. I know now not to 1) waste my time trying to buy one from them and 2) spend any more money on an irresponsible company. I swear the ‘ports’ are so small, how could they not account for us losing them as we relocate homes and jobs?

Anker - if you decide you want to sell me new usb ports – or better yet, a free download for use of my wireless mouse – please email me at the account I set up just to write this response.

Great! Unless something has changed since this last post, I guess there is no hope of getting a new dongle. I left my previous employer, and I forgot the dongle in the laptop. Ugh!!!

What about asking your employer to get it back.
This would be really an easy solution.

This is really annoying and environmentally harmful, like you all say. I was really hoping it would be easy to find one of these USBs somewhere. I suggest leaving a bad review on Trustpilot.com. It’s important that companies know there are repercussions for their actions.

Definitely the ideal situation would be to stick to bluetooth LE peripherals - these days, the cost of a chip and the power used are low enough that there is limited reason to do anything else. Not sure why Anker is still not onboard, but their peripherals have not been getting much love recently. Staying focused on power.

Using mouse, keyboard and speakers via bluetooth on the same device?
Could this not cause troubles,
I would not do, would not trust.
I am happy with my wired mouse and keyboard.

Bluetooth has improved tremendously since the earlier iterations, and is much better at avoiding conflicts. Nothing beats wired for latency and reliability, but if you are going to wireless peripherals, bluetooth everything is the best option these days.

Depends on the bt version of the bt card on your device.
Using such old devices like me, I doubt about a perfect functionality.

Of course you are right when talking about “modern” devices with newest bt versions

I run 2 old Lenovo Thinkpads T420, both with 8GB and SSD
(Of course LINUX, what else) all works perfectly.
Speakers by bt, mouse and keyboard wired.

Of course I could afford the most modern models, but there is no need.
“Never change a running system”

There was never any problem regarding updates.
And if so one could delete the updated kernel and install the previous version.
Easy.:smile:

I bought a second hand Anker mouse and tried what you show and it worked perfectly!

Thanks for sharing this :slight_smile:

This page (https://support.anker.com/s/article/Introduction-to-Anker-2-4G-Wireless-Vertical-Ergonomic-Optical-Mouse-Receiver) is active as of today and says:

"If you are located in the US, please contact Anker customer support with your shipping address and model number of the mouse, our Anker customer support will check in our warehouse if we have replacement receivers for selling. "