Lightning to USB Type C coming soon?

Just wondering if/when Anker will be carrying this? Especially with all the rumors of Apple possibly changing their cables and ditching type A. They even sell this now, right here: http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MKQ42AM/A/usb-c-to-lightning-cable-2-m

I’d MUCH rather wait for a superior powerline + line of these though :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually Apple has had that for almost a year and a half now, but I’m sure Anker will be coming out with some soon!

2 Likes

I’m sure Anker will make one if the iPhone 8 does adapt the USB-C port. They probably make a lot of their money by selling lightning iPhone cables, so if it does use USB-C I’m sure they wouldn’t miss out on the opportunity!

1 Like

Based on the latest leaks the iPhone Pro scenario will be very similar to the iPad Pro.

USB-A to Lightning included in box

Fast charging option - USB-C to Lightning Cable with new power brick as well… oh and it’ll probably be like $60, so Anker could definitely win some people over that maybe wouldn’t usually buy from them.

1 Like

That seems very likely!

Looks like you guys were right! Now we just have to wait for Anker to release their Lightning to USB-C cable!

Anker could make it, but I don’t think it will be cheap to use:

• We will need USB C with PD support for fast charge, which is not cheap compared to common USB A ports. I didn’t see any USB-C portable charger for car
  • The lightning cable will be thicker for higher amp transmission, and not sure if normal lightning port will do or apple require “extra fee” for that.
  • The next gen iPhone might abandon lightning port in favor of USB-C.
1 Like

iPhone X already release today, iphone X will support fast charging through USB C Power Delivery to lightning port. i have been waiting and waiting, but there is no sign Anker will release any kind of USB C to lightning cable…
Please @AnkerOfficial hear our request… we need it badly

1 Like

This is more of an issue of apple releasing and extending the licensing to other manufacturers so they can make this happen. As it stands their licensing fee for this type of cable is astronomical and borderline insane, it’s no wonder you don’t see any non apple cables on the market

1 Like

This is true, the problem is Apple licensing. Current 3rd party lightning to USB C cables are not compatible with fast charging.

2 Likes

Apple hasn’t allowed third parties to create USB-C to Lightning cables yet, so for now your only option is to buy one from them.

1 Like

The apple ones are nice but expensive

1 Like