Liberty vs Liberty +

Hey Guys, I’m looking to buy wireless earbuds, it’s 2019 and there isn’t many comparison between liberty and liberty plus, the liberty cost £60 on Amazon and liberty plus is £110, should I really shell out a lot of money for the plus? Is it worth it?

I know it has better battery life but I don’t really care about that and it has better audio but I don’t really mind the difference, apparantly the plus has noise cancellation of some sort? I’m aware that the plus has Bluetooth 5.0 but it’s not like I’m leaving my phone in China and listening in America, I’m sure there is no latency issues with 4.2 liberty.

Which one should I go for and why, bear in mind I can afford the plus but hesitating to spend that much.

2 Likes

The Liberty+ have a transparency mode that will let you hear what is going on around when you’re listening to the headphones. There is no noise cancellation feature.

Personally the liberties fit my ears better, they have a slightly better form factor and aren’t as heavy on the ends the Liberty+ tend to slip out of my ears with heavy movement especially when sweaty but I have had zero problems with the Liberty falling out.

If you’re not concerned about battery life, “transparency mode” or the lack of app support with different eq settings then I would go for the Liberties if I had to choose between the two.

All that being said soundcore has a few sets of wireless earbuds and one new set that will be released soon.

I recommend the soundcore Liberty Air.

I’m with @Jesse_Hernandez1 I would highly recommend the liberty air over the regular liberty or liberty+. They fit better, sound better, and do not fall out of your ear like the other 2 do. And it has dual microphones and has stereo calling, where as the two you asked about only has mono calling

1 Like

I wonder why I get two notifications every time you reply to something, one with your screen name and one with your real name.

Probably cause I replied to you and tagged you? I dunno I get that occasionally too

1 Like

I didn’t notice that you tagged me. That halfway explains it but still doesn’t explain why your screen name doesn’t appear twice.

Whatever :sunglasses:

I get those to and really don’t know why

2 Likes

I will suggest Zolo Liberty over Liberty Air any day just from sound quality point of view. Older version (Z2000) Zolo Liberty sounds stunning compared to Liberty Air. I cannot say about newer Z2001.
If possible to try give both a try and then decide.

To add to this… Zolo liberty has 2 versions (Z2000 and newer Z2001) Z2000 uses a CSR 63120 bluetooth 4.1 chip while Z2001 uses a Realtek RTL8763BFR bluetooth 5.0 chip. Liberty Air also uses RTL8763BFR chip.
Please note that CSR has right to use aptX code (Qualcomm holds the patent) and Realtek cannot. Thus Realtek only supports SBC and AAC codecs. This doesn’t mean that CSR chip has aptX enabled by default. Manufacturer of device must pay the chip manufacturer to get the codec support enabled (hardware is there on the chip).
Technically older Zolo Liberty has hardware to support aptX but doesn’t. Newer version lacks hardware.

I agree, the liberty air looks like airpods rip offs no offence, I wouldn’t want to go outside wearing those. I’m going to get the normal liberty from Amazon UK, they mention Bluetooth 4.2, no signs of aptx, is that true? If it doesn’t have aptx, does it have latency issues? Because I’m gonna play pubg mobile, if it does have latency issues, I might as well go for the plus which has BT 5.0.

With laptop computer, latency is minimum but with my iPhone SE (iOS 10.3.3) latency was there.
But you will have to check on that. Latency is not uniform across apps. Like any video you shoot has zero latency. but youtube app has some latency. I have seen latency with youtube app using Liberty Air as well (BT 5.0). I think latency has nothing to do with BT version but rather it is dependent on audio codec.
iPhone uses AAC when self shooted videos are played (and no latency is seen) but uses slower SBC codec when youtube app is used so we see latency. “I cannot prove this part”

So both the liberty and liberty plus has around 3 sec audio delay from what I heard :confused: so I guess there is no point of buying them. Any other alternatives you recommend with zero audio delay, not airpods and Samsung iconx cuz they are too expensive haha

It’s definitely not 3 sec (I can assure you that). Its more like 100-500 milli seconds (0.1-0.5 sec)
If you really want something with no noticeable delay go with Soundcore Curve or Soundcore Spirit Pro. For over ears go with Soundcore Vortex. I have all 3 of these and they have no noticeable latency (and are all aptX enabled).
And as I said latency is also app dependent. If app developer uses AAC codec you probably won’t see latency.
iPhones don’t have aptX codec support but lots of android devices have it so check your phone as well.

1 Like

Thats it.
It depends on the way the recording is/was made.
I don’t know the reason.
But I have seen different latency with different YT videos.
Not changing the codec of course.

I’m going ahead with Enacfire Future earpods, I’ve heard the have minimum latency, I need it to watch videos and play games