Liberty lites or Spirit Pros

Hi,
I’m in the market for some Bluetooth buds mainly for running but if the sound is good enough maybe for general use.
I have been looking at either the spirit pros or the liberty lites.
A couple of questions though;

1. Do the spirit pros sound better? The details suggest they sound great.
  2. Does the lack of aptX on the liberty lites affect them much and does the Bluetooth 5.0 make up for that?

I have a pixel 2xl so it can handle Bluetooth 5.0 and aptX
Thanks for any help

1 Like

From my personal experience with the Zolo Liberty+, they would be a nightmare for running. I already have a hard enough time trying to get them to stay in my ears while sitting. Your mileage may vary, but fit has been a legitimate complaint with the Liberty series and the overall design and shape has not changed much with the Lites even though they are a bit more compact.

I have never had an issue with any of Anker’s more traditional wireless earbuds falling out, but have found the ones with ear hooks (Curve and now Spirit X) to be even more secure and comfortable.

2 Likes

Thanks, I currently have some Bose sound sport which have similar tips etc and they are great for running. Getting a phone with no headphone jack is causing me to change.

2 Likes

Another plus one on the Curve (used daily) or Spirit X (hopefully to try in the future)…the Liberty series like @joshuad11 failed to measure up just for sitting use, never mind any movements…

2 Likes

Darn it, my indecision has cost me an extra £10 on Amazon (sale ended!)
Went for the Spirit Pros!
Thanks for the help

2 Likes

The Spirit X have REALLY good bass while maintaining crisp mids. Their soundbuds are still better for working out IMO. Stays in my ears better.

Just ordered the lites so uhhh hopefully they work for me.

1 Like

Surprised to hear you say this. I’ve tried so many wireless earbuds and the Liberty’s are the only ones that stay in while I run, mow, etc.

Everyone’s ears are different. The liberty+ stays in my ears and work great for me

1 Like

I think @joshuad11 was referring to the Liberty+ which are a little heavy on the ends so they tend to come loose with heavy shocking movements.

But I agree that the regular Liberty buds are snug
form-fitting comfortable fit and have not fallen out of my ears one time.

Shame you missed the liberty lites for £40 on Amazon. I didn’t and from my experience they would’ve been perfect for you.

They’re really light and once you get the right combination of tip and wing they’re forget they’re there comfortable and so secure you can pull on them quite hard and they don’t come out, just a simple light twist to put them in and take them out when you want to though.

Sound quality is also excellent, I recently bought a pair of the well respected on ear AKG Y50BTs which my Pixel 2xl feeds with Apt-X HD and even with just AAC these buds sound at least as good if not better. Needless to say the AKGs are going back.

Hopefully they’ll do the offer again soon and you can compare with the others.

YUPPPP. Got them yesterday for $60 and would buy it again. There’d be times I’d forget they were there. I never realized how annoying wires really were. Never wanted to listen to music more than when I had AirPods which are very equal in convenience. Though the case does scratch way too easily but oh well.