Liberty Lite

So I managed to get hold of a pair of the new Liberty Lite headphones, thanks you very much Anker!

Quick review with some pics for you all…

Usual blue and white box - but we see the Sweat Guard logo on there too - cool!

The battery/container is small!

Glad to see the Happy booklet again! Missed it on the Flare speaker

Wow! These ear buds are tiny!

Plenty of different sized ear pieces and wings

And final pics - in the ear of the boss.

So, pics out the way, onto the actual review bit!

I got these and the boss has ‘borrowed’ them already, is nothing sacred I ask myself!

We spent a good 1/2 hour trying the different combinations of ear pieces and wings to get a good fit. Well worth the time. I think that most people should be able to get a comfy fit.

Take them out of the case and hit the button on the side - they power on, connect to phone and each other in seconds.

The usual simple pairing process with all Anker kit - paired with an iPhone within seconds.

I tried out the sound and they’re pretty loud - not the loudest headphones I’ve ever tried, but easily loud enough.

Sound is really good - usual caveat, I’m no audiophile - but I know what I like. The usual mix of heavy rock and dance music for a test and all was well in my world. Not the hugest bass, never going to be from something this small, but plenty adequate.

Tried them for phone calls, microphones seemed to pick up really well. Great sound, no discernible delay from them.

The boss tried them out on a run this morning, and some quotes from when she returned:

They’re awesome!

They didn’t wiggle or jiggle!

There were no flappy cords

Sound was excellent

Very comfy!

You get the general idea… All in all, I guess a successful test!

Can’t yet comment on battery life - but as always, it’s Anker - they do batteries. I have zero doubt that we will be getting the advertised life.

Definitely another great one from Anker.

8 Likes

Good review

1 Like

Great pictures, it’s nice to get a close up look at these headphones. It looks like they made a few improvements to the case, the buds look way easier to remove from the case.

1 Like

I don’t have the previous version, but they are nice and easy to remove. The magnet holding them in place is spot on.

Great piece of kit.

Do these sound better than the Airpods?

1 Like

Is it comfortable to wear for a long time?

3 Likes

Not tried the Airpods - to be honest, I wouldn’t entertain those - they look stupid in my opinion! Sound is great though - again, not an audiophile, but to my ears they’re really good.

1 Like

The boss went for a run for about an hour this morning with them in again, said they were super comfy. I have to be honest, they’re so small and light you can barely feel them in.

I was expecting them to be a little Lieutenant Uhura from the original Star Wars

But soo small:

2 Likes

Great review. Enjoy your liberty lite :slight_smile:

1 Like

Two factors play in how long a person can wear earphones and earbuds: comfort of the device and how much heat individuals generate. My ears get warm quickly when they are covered, so I cannot last too long listening to headphones/earbuds. For example, I had the Philips Fidelio X2 that I loved. They were very comfortable and had great clarity and soundstage, but my earlobes got too warm for comfort. I’ve tried many others, including Sennheiser 598, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Bose SoundTrue, Zolo Liberty, etc. I couldn’t last more than 2 hours wearing them.

2 Likes

Is that what I roast means?:wink:

2 Likes

nice review

1 Like

[quote=“Noel_Taylor, post:9, topic:61377”]
I was expecting them to be a little Lieutenant Uhura from the original Star Wars
[/quote]Blaphemy!
Star Trek, Star Trek! :slight_smile:

They are for long range communications :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great review! How do they compare to the Liberty+? Have you tested them?

1 Like

I cant use those plugs in my ears.
Dont feel well.
So I like the old fashioned ones.

Old man, old earbuds! :smiley:

And an old IPOD of course!

3 Likes

Great job on the review. :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing your experience with them. They do look more comfortable then the Liberty+ due to it’s size and weight.

1 Like

Nice review. I’m thinking about getting a set of these. I wonder how they sound compared to the Slims+ or the Spirits.

Wish the case wasn’t so large. The point of most wireless earbuds is to be portable. The apple airpods work well because people can put the case into their pocket and not worry about it. This case looks a little to large for that and there for loses that huge factor

1 Like

I have similar views that the case for my Zolo Liberty is a little too large to comfortably keep in pocket. Airpod case is perfect size and I don’t think twice about its size.
Zolo liberty case size - 3.5" x 2" x 1.25"
Airpods case size - 2.11" x 1.74" x 0.84"

btw Zolo Liberty uses an 18650 battery in the case (as far as I can tell from FCC pictures) that will be around 2300 -3300 mAh while airpods case has a 398 mAh battery