Liberty Air 2 firmware update issue

I’m having the same issue. Although both buds are connected to my Note 10 it refuses to update (from 4.18 to 4.19) Instead I get…Screenshot_20191224-124155_Soundcore|236x500

A message that tells me that both buds need to be connected and then a confusing message about disconnecting then reconnecting them in order to see if they work. They are already connected ,wth. Second time I’ve ran into connection issues with these ear phones.

I am having a similar issue. My firmware update shows the following:

L Version: 04.18 R Version: 04.19
So it seems only one of my Liberty Pro 2s needs the update?

I have the same issue where there update fails around 72%, sometimes even earlier than that. I have also gone through all the troubleshooting steps in this post. Anyone have any updates / fixes?

I have the exact same issue.

Yup, same issue here. (App Version 1.9.3)

I tried to do the firmware update for the Liberty Air 2, followed it by the letter and now got the left earbud version on 4.18 and the right earbud version on 4.19

The firmware update cancels the update process at around 70% (sometimes at around 50 %) with the error message “An error has occured”

Whenever I open the Soundcore App, it doesn’t even let me choose any other setting (like reprogramming the touch controls or set the EQ) since its directly prompting me to the firmware update menu and doesn’t let me switch to any other menu.

This is a big issue which needs to be addressed because we can’t use the Liberty Air 2 to the its potential.

What I have tried so far:

• clear cache of the App
  • cleared data of the App
  • complete reinstall of the App
  • restarting phone
  • deleted and reconnected the LA2 Bluetooth connection
  • downloaded the Firmware update via cellular network instead of wireless LAN
  • tried with 2 different phones (OnePlus 6T, Sony Xperia Z3 Compact).

Anker devs, please give us a fix for this issue so we can use the earbuds to its full potential!

1 Like

@ChuWie, @DD11, @k3stl3, @aroberts33, @mokap, @dav.gar

We are sorry to hear the issue you are facing. Thank you for trying some troubleshooting already, according to the information you described, the issue you are experiencing is very unusual.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us at service@soundcore.com by detailing your order number and the problem you come across. We will further help you within 24 hours.

AnkerSupport

I am having the same exact issue. Any resolution to this problem yet? I have done the same steps as well.

Same issue, L Version: 04.18, R Version: 04.19, update stops around 70%… contacted support, waiting for an answer !

Same issue here. I emailed support a couple of days ago but haven’t heard anything.

Got an answer from support; apparently there’s something wrong inside the earphones and they have to be exchanged. :neutral_face:

I am haveing the same problems

Thanks for the answer @AnkerSupport. I got in touch with the support via email and
got a replacement send out to me, which now work perfectly fine when I do the firmware update.

So everybody who are still facing the same issue; Get in touch with the support via mail service@soundcore.com and they will send you a replacement after a quick hardware validation.

Cheers

1 Like

SOOO are the Soundcore Liberty Air 2 headphones defective because I just picked up a pair from Walmart and I’m having the same issue as a lot of you. I’m on version 4.08 and I can’t even attempt to update on a phone running Android 9. I have a tablet running Android 10 I suppose I can try but I just keep getting weird messages about make sure the headphones are pair, unpair and repair blah blah blah. I can clearly see they are pair and uninstalling the app, re-pairing, nothing works.

@roadblock1945

Try this hard reset of the buds

• Turn of Bluetooth on your phone
  • Delete the Bluetooth profile for the L2P
  • Put the buds back in the case- leave lid open
  • Hold the button on the back of the case until the LED on the buds turn red
  • close the lid for a few seconds
  • open the case
  • turn on Bluetooth on your device
  • wait for “liberty 2 pro” to show up, and click it
  • wait a few seconds
  • on the screen a pairing request should show up. Confirm it

Now both buds should be connected, and both stereo and mono mode should be working perfectly. You can now try to update then again

Hi. Exactly same issue here. L:V.4.19 R:V.4.18. I contacted anker and told me to return the item and they will send me a replacement. The problem here is that it cost a lot to send the item from my country and anker only covers up to 5 GBP. Anker please help and resolve the problem.

@Pampos373 Have you tried returning it to where you brought it from? surely you are within some return period no?

Update : sent the earbuds back, got new ones (had to may to return the package, but they reimbursed immediately !); got the new ones fast, and they are working perfectly fine, both updated to the new version without any issues ! :slight_smile: thank you @AnkerSoundcore !

I have exactly same issue extra wireless charging not working also. Did you sent back the item first or after Anker sent you new one ? How long you got new one after email resolve?

I got the new replacement earbuds within 2 days delivery time. But it can vary of course depending on your location and the location where it’s being shipped from.

1 Like

Just got the Liberty Air 2.

After the firmware update, the sound got flat and metallic.

I have tried everything. Still bad sound.

Can I remove the update again? Or otherthing?

@AnkerSupport good night. What is the correct version of the Liberty Air 2 firmware? As soon as I got mine the app upgraded to version 10.12 and I lost the automatic pause function.

Talking to some friends who have the same model, the Firmware version is 04.30 and the automatic pause works normally. Can you help me?

Tks