Liberty 2 Pro frequent unpairing of Left side earbud

Hello,
I am just wondering how often this is supposed to happen?

I see some threads about having to reset/pair again the earbuds by using the case. I’ve done this quite a few times now in the couple weeks I’ve had them, as the Left side seems VERY prone to unpairing.

Sometimes I will take them out of the case and take “maybe” a minute or two to connect with a device. By that time they shut down and when I power them up the left bud is lost and unusable. So I have to re-pair them AGAIN.

How does this happen so often? Why is their no way around this other than wiping the slate clean and restarting the whole thing. Very odd and annoying.

That does seem odd. Could you please let us know what device you’re pairing them to?

When the problems occur, I am pairing them to an iPhone X.

There has been a small update to this situation:

It seems that there is a “workaround.” When it is in this state, it seems that opening the Soundcore app, it kind of jumpstarts the earbuds into both working.

However, I then notice that in my list of Bluetooth devices that there is an extra Soundcore device paired for a total of three Soundcore devices.

Very odd indeed.

Hmmm… you should only see one instance of the Liberty 2 Pro in your Bluetooth list. I wonder if both the right and left earbuds somehow were paired to your phone separately?

Would you please try removing the Bluetooth pairing records on your iPhone (tap the small “i” beside the records and tap “Forget this device”), perform the reset on the Liberty Pro 2, open the case, then pair them again to your iPhone. Ideally, you should only see 1 record of the Liberty 2 Pro in your settings. If the issue persists, feel free to reach out to service@soundcore.com and they’ll be happy to assist as well! Thanks!

Did you try to reset them ?

Hi @ xluc2017 Yup. Reset them multiple times. Almost once a day since I’ve had them because of this.

I have tried it both ways. I see the device listed as “Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro” and that takes care of both. But I am repeatedly asked to pair “Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro - L.” Sometimes I ignore it and eventually this happens. Sometimes I pair it, and this ends up happening also. Sometimes I get asked to pair something generic called “headset.”

Either way, that “workaround” isn’t really one. I tried it again last night and I had to mass around with it a long time to get the
left to work again.

I didn’t document the steps needed at the time but I had to:

• Hold the button to power off the left.
  • Disconnect the right.
  • Reconnect the right.
  • Power up the left
  • Open Soundcore app.
  • Switch back to see that I again have THREE items in the bluetooth listed for these earbuds.

Hmm i have similar problem on Soundcore X2. For some reason its Soundcore Spirit X2-L and Soundcore X2. The way i connect them again is i put them back in the charger close lid wait 5 sec and open it again. Hate to say it but it may be Factory Defect and it May need Software Update

We are sorry to hear your headphones are not working properly. According to the information you described, the issue you are experiencing is very unusual. Please try the following steps to see if it helps at all.

• Forget the pairing record on your device and turn off the Bluetooth on your device
  • Place the earbuds into the charging case and make sure they are being charged. When you put the left earbuds into the charging case, the left LED light on charging case will flash 2 times which means the earbuds is charging, please also note the right side will also do the same time, when you put it into charging case, the right LED light on charging case will also flash.
  • Keep the charging case open, then press and hold the button on the bottom of the charging case for 10 seconds until the LED indicators on both earbuds flash red 3 times. All the memory data will be cleared.
  • After these, close the case and re-open the charging case or take both sides out of the charging case, the white light on one side will flash quickly, which means it enters pairing mode
  • Enable the Bluetooth on your phone. You can find the device name “Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro” or “Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro-L” on the Bluetooth list.
  • Please click “Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro” or “Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro-L” for pairing, the white light will flash slowly, which means it paired successfully.
  • Then there will pop out a screen with “Bluetooth Pairing Request”, just click “Pair” (This step is very important)

Please note, due to the chips platform’s compatibility, in the Bluetooth pairing list the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro is displayed as “connected”, and the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro-L is displayed as “not connected”. In fact, the earbuds are normally TWS paired to work.

If the issue still persists, don’t worry, please don’t hesitate to contact us at service@soundcore.com by detailing your order number and the problem you come across. We will reply you within 24 hours.

I don’t have iPhone nor those buds but I have the very similar Life P2, and I have to pair 3 items, the buds, and the R and the L.

That’s because they work independently of each other as well as together.

I have the same problem with my set. I don’t and haven’t installed the SoundCore app (I believe there is an app?). I noticed the issue with my iPhone 5s, and recently with an iPhone 7 as well. When I switch off the Bluetooth on the phone and later switch it on again, the SoundCore earbuds connects, but only my right side earbud actually plays music. I also noticed in the bluetooth list the two instances of SoundCore as the original poster.

Only way I have found to get both earbuds to play, is to forget all SoundCore instances, take out the left side earbud from the case, press and hold the rest button for about 10 seconds until the red indicator light shows on the right earbud. Then insert the left earbud, repeat the process.

Then close and and then open the case. Switch on the iPhone bluetooth. Repair the SoundCore Liberty Pro 2 instance on the bluetooth list, even though there is an instances, as mentioned above, “Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro - L”

Really annoying cause I found the only way I have not have this happen, is to never switch off my bluetooth on my mobile device.