Level Up Party!

At the end of last year, like previous the year(s?)the “top 10” were given a gift from anker for their contributions to the forum.

1 Like

Depends on the context…but most of the time it is the top 10 most active contributors to the community…

Depends how those “top ten” are selected.
Different possibilities of selection can be done.

Sorted by “recieved”, “given”, “topics”, replies" …

1 Like

We weren’t privy to how it was finally decided.

Thankfully that was @AnkerOfficial decision.

1 Like

And that is good.
I can imagine how many here would like to get into by hook or by crook! :grin:

I remember that from last year :slight_smile:
I was the lowest ranked member in the list

@Ice1 I have to update this due to 500 error

If I’m getting this right, this is the list from last year.

2 Likes

How do you know if they only publish (?) top 10? Does Anker publish a complete list of members in order of their contribution?
Do they even publish? I doubt.
So, how would you know your position compared to others?

I totally disagree on likes as a measure.

It’s favouritism.

I’ve posted n said many things, that others go on to repeat, and while they get the likes, I get nothing despite having said it first… And by hours sometimes.

I refuse to create a fuss at the time … I said that first … Stopped saying that when me balls dropped!

So, no I don’t think likes show quality.

The only way to measure quality, is for Anker to employ a.FULL TIME forum person/admin.

@AnkerOfficial/@AnkerTechnical do an ok job, but they miss lots due to not being on all the time… Don’t tell me, you haven’t multiple messaged them to get a reply.

Don’t get me wrong, @ndalby @TechnicallyWell do an excellr job, but they have jobs too.

2 Likes

Guess this phenomenon is already happening with some variation :rofl:

It is tough to keep the names unique… Saw some posts and got confused for a bit

@TechMan @Tech_Man

1 Like

Yep I agree with your point. If you have a group of 20-25 people you can always get 20-25 likes for everything you post (don’t matter what).
Well looks like for now the quantity wins…

I didn’t realize that when I chose this name :joy:

With more members expected to join, though to hold on to unique names :smile:

1 Like

What would happen if I would call me “No-tech-man”? :joy:

4 Likes

Nah, you’d be lo-techman hahaha

2 Likes

:slight_smile: well you can try, nothings gonna change, names are pointers to address you, not who you are :innocent:

You forgot an “o” Mac :joy:

2 Likes

I still remember when gmail was first launched in 2004, it was invitation only. Once in, you could invite 1 or 3 more people (like a pyramid).
I paid $8 for an early invite on ebay and then recouped my cost selling those invitations on ebay :joy: “and some profits”. I did send some invite to myself and got more invites to use.
I gave away some to my very close friends and family members.

Good thing is I got my name without any numbers and still holding on to it.

There were multiple forums out there when Gmail had launched, offering Gmail invites for free as well,

I got my invite on April 7th, 2004 from one of the early users for free :slight_smile: Sent invites to lot of my friends, should have chosen a unique name then… ended up choosing the longest name email :frowning:

At start of calendar year there was 1 user who was not sure the measure of top 10 and was lobbying it be measured in a way which got them in the list. The soundcore giftbox was sent out.

A lad at work left his email open on the communal PC’s. So me being me, had a look around, considered signing them up for some crap n spam, but chose to send myself an invite instead! lol

I emailed him, telling him he could have come off a lot worse! My email was the same name as I had on AOL (back when you paid per minute for internet, and as AOL was a free phone number, I thought sod it!).

So (in theory) I’ve had my email address for well over 20years.

Back in the day, it was googlemail.com too. I remember getting pissed off it was so long, but then again, most non USA email addresses, had .com/UK on the end of lots of them, or name@whatever-uk.com, so wasn’t that bad.