Join the survey to win a free Soundbar!

Option C looks very modern, though I’m not sure how that would affect the ability to mount it.

Looking forward to seeing the final product!

1 Like

Option C. Sleek and modern looking, but also low-profile. With many TVs having short bases, it’s important that it does not block the screen, but it is equally important that it looks good sitting on your entertainment center.

As for features, HDMI-ARC is the biggest one for me. Most TVs support it now and it allows for the best audio quality, easiest setup (plug and play, usually with no remote pairing needed), and is the most flexible and future-proof. As long as the sound bar has HDMI-ARC and good sound, everything else is gravy. Stuff like voice control is always a nice bonus, but ultimately I rely on my Google Home connected to my Chromecast to handle that functionality.

4 Likes

Infini is a mix of A n C, and looks fab U lous!

1 Like

Personally I love product design, function over form is a must, it doesn’t matter if it looks beautiful if it doesn’t perform well.
I really like the Design C looks very sleek and modern with a lot of potential.
2.1 channel system with a subwoofer built-in and Dolby Digital for some cinematic audio, easy voice control, doesn’t really need to be Alexa could be something simple, distortion cancelling
and the option to wall mount the Soundbar :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Telescopic sound bar?

I have a Yamaha ATS-1080 which looks identical to option B. If this new soundbar would do DTS, Dolby Digital, and have voice control then I’m all in. What’s lacking from my current soundbar is voice control. It does have an app where it connects via bluetooth, you can change sound type (cinema, music, movies, etc…) but it would be awesome for Alexa to kindly raise or lower the volume.

1 Like

I went with Option C, but D wasn’t all that far behind it.

@Tim_Duerler you are correct! HDMI-ARC is a great standard supported by most TVs. The Yamaha soundbar and Samsung TV I have uses this standard and it is awesome. On my ROKU remote I can raise/lower the volume with the headphone volume raise/lower and all I have to do is click any button and it turns on the TV automatically.

1 Like

Android TV functionality like JBL’s new soundbar could be interesting.

1 Like

I have actually seen one of these!!

My accountant bought a Bang & Olufsen TV that I helped him fit to the wall. There was a built in soundbar that dropped down from under the TV and telescoped out sideways. Completely unnecessary, but super cool!

https://youtu.be/7MKHP8P8kt4

Shows it. Not the best video, but you get the idea.

1 Like

Design is important so that it will be an added element to the Entertainment section of the house. Sound is just as important.

2 Likes

You can get brackets for that, which you can attach to top of TV using g vesa mounts… I think

Also, Bose already do a soundbase, that the TV sits on… Quite limited tho.

If option D is the choice, it’s almost required for it to have dolby atmos because of the shape :wink:

Other than that, heres a nice wish list of things I’d enjoy to see: have are a display that shows you at least the current volume as I currently have a soundbar which has no way for showing you the volume which is mildly infuriating most of the time… HDMI-ARC/Optical at least, other connection types would be a bonus tbh, a built in subwoofer would be cool, but what would totally complete the pack for me would be if it was a modular system that you could add speakers to, to effectively make it a whole system similar to sonos etc. Control through tv/set-top remote so you can use one remote for everything would just be the cherry on top.

3 Likes

A sound bar needs to be able to project the sound. That’s what I like the upright prism design. Subwoofer is important and so is big sound - 100watts would do nicely.

Oh I didn’t even think of that! Could it be made to set a TV on? That would be ideal I agree. It might even give more room for features to be built in?

This is something I am actively in the market for. I would LOVE to test one. I’ll even make both video and text reviews :wink:

The main problem with Anker speakers is the lack of a clean bass sound. They need to study the sound from the BOSE speakers and they will have a winner!

2 Likes

If you are referring to something similar to the Bose Solo 5, the Infini rivals it with no problems. Getting to a higher price point that most Bose items are is where you will see your difference. I have a pair of Bose QC 35 ii and they are hard to compare against anything really when it comes to noise cancelling, but the base is nowhere near Sony 1000XM3. When it comes to sound bars, a built in sub is a good option, but I would personally rather have a standalone that I can move and adjust around the room.

1 Like

I dont have any soundbar.
So i can only refer to speaker I got.
I own Bose as well.
It all depends of the equalizer and the quality of the recording and last not
least of you ear!

regarding speakers :

You should listen to the ZERO! :wink:

1 Like

The infini soundbar has proper bass, and bass ports.

My main application for the soundbar would be: add it to my TV, because the built in speakers of the TV are quite poor.