Is this new? Powercore II 20000

Amazon listing has been updated for the PowerCore II 20000.

With added spelling errors.

1 Like

While the Powercore II 10000 is not updated, the Powercore II 20000 update tells us more about the Powercore II 10000

I do not understand, and possibly also do not believe, the specifications, the volts/amps/weight suggest the “Speed” replacement. It is as if the IQ2 is attemping to be QC but it is not certified to be QC so it quotes the same volts/amps but does not say QC. The weights are too high, they match the Speed products. I do not want to pay for QC, I do not want to lug the weight of QC. The “speed” products are expensive and if you do not have a QC device are therefore a negative.

What does this mean “Rapid Recharge: Top up the battery in as little as 5 hours with PowerIQ 2.0 in the input port.”. What exactly is that? Is it saying I need an IQ2 output charger? What is IQ2 therefore? Is it a proprietary “like QC”?

QC:

QC is not that good, DASH is better

The future is USB-PD, even QC says so

The 12W port would be faster for most things, wouldn’t it?

Do you think by the new sleek designs, and power-core this product will sale:grimacing:

Worried, this can be a step backwards, making Anker worse.

Look at the weights, dimensions. Also these pseudo-QC specifications can backfire, you can get a common denominator negotiation down to something like 5V 2A which is less than 5V 2.4A (2.3A metered) so you could end up with a slower recharge due to an over-ambitious electronics engineer.

So this is inferring to me these are the successor to the Speed products which cost a lot more, are slower in some situations, weigh more and physically larger. If you own a QC device you may be interested, but half of Android and all of Apple fans will do a big

1 Like

I fell like there’s bound to be another version of IQ 2.0 that’s not bias to QC, but you’re right, these seem exactly like the Speed products.

Also… why no USB-C?

1 Like

My preference to Anker, which has reliable products, and good customer service, may end over this, or at least be reduced. Anker is losing the plot in its lack of focus on USB-C and lack of focus on density of energy.

Press releases is not product. Quit with the hype and actually release innovative products. If you can.

It is a powerbank, duh.

My travel laptop is a Google Pixel C which is happy with a 10W 5V 2A input, products I already own serve it quite well, I just turned mine on, let it update software, then shutdown at 60% charge, to make it last the longest. But that cannot continue indefinately. At some point in a few months I would probably need to do something in USB-PD ecosystem, and if Anker in the future is so bad then as it is now in USB-PD, then bye bye.

I have small trips in September then in October, then a major trip in February, where I seriously lean on portable technology. I pretty much spent all of June living off-grid with (cough, non Anker) solar and Anker Powercore.

1 Like

1 Like

I’m sure you can hold the fort

Funny they say twin output when they aren’t even the same…

non-identical twin.

1 Like

So it’s half the capacity, but recharge times are only reduced by 20%?!

1 Like

PowerCore II 20000 priced at $50

Hi friends, What do you think about the PowerCore II?
For me this is one of the best external Anker batteries

http://community.anker.com/search?q=powercore%20ii%20review

Hi @nigel1812 can I suggest you post your messages in 1 category (the one most appropriate) and not in product discussion and battery etc. Members do not want to read the same information over and over where possible and it does come across as trying to get quick Anker bucks :wink:

3 Likes

Noted. Thanks (;