Is Smaller, Better? Tell Us Your Thoughts!

@joshuad11 you do realize that review mentioned he has the new version and the older version, so the one you linked to is for the new version not the old one

No, I do not realize that. Where?

“Smaller than the original powerport II”

Yes, so the review is for the correct product as @ARTHUR_BRIAN_MOTT is saying PowerPort II (the newer one), not his PowerPort Elite 2.

1 Like

To me, the size does not matter too much as it’s a very minimal change. I always prioritize functionality over convenience. I often use bigger speakers and bigger portable chargers with my phone. I do think I have an unpopular opinion though but I would choose C. I also don’t like spending more money then I have to.

1 Like

As odd as it may sound, for me smaller is usually bigger.
I need a lot of ports. So why buy 7 1 port chargers instead of just one big one.

While I am at it: Anker plz make all ports on all your chargers be able to simultaneously output over the quite outdated 2A.
3A is the very minimum, but I need 4A.

Smaller is better, just dont let it overheat :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do not forget there are physical limits.
Remember the Samsung phone.

Small and Portable

Samsung phone that made explosive entry into the market not so long ago? :slight_smile:

I agree with you!

Compromises with the cooling and performance must not be made just for the slimer look.
Charger must be able to stay connected and under load for days without catching fire or exploding :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Samsungs phone only got national attention because they recalled them twice in their own accord to prevent issues. When in reality, Apple has also had its share of devices explode and catch in fire too. It’s funny how everyone is quick to mention the exploding note 7 but forgoe all the other phones that have done the same

The reason samsung gets all of the attention is mainly because their issues revolved around a terrible design that year. The battery they needed, paired with the size requirements resulted in them having as battery built in a way that was asking for a meltdown. Apple and most others had issues that typically fell around a faulty component, or someone charging it in an incorrect way (under a pillow, on top of a carpeted area etc.) My old G4 was the closest issue to a terrible design, where they stacked a processor over the battery contacts and another high heat item without proper heat sinking (this led to the infamous boot loop errors). Samsung’s issue was and a bigger issue purely based on the fact it could happen at any time, any place for almost any reason. That is not a very common issue for most phones.

1 Like

I will vote for A (with folding prongs of course)

1 Like

We will definitely consider the safety issue as the priority.:sunglasses:

Yes it is also a question of cooling the processor.
But of battery design as well.
Sometimes “the smaller the better” will NOT
lead to a perfect result.

Samsung has been doing g mobile phones since the 90s.

Due to an error in the set up of the note 7 battery n charging, they had to stop the whole thing, and recall.

Some chose to wait for the note 8, while others could have the current/coming galaxy. From what I heard over the fkup their CS actually worked this time… Customer service is definitely a huge stumbling block of Samsung.

Yes, they took a huge hit globally, but they’re coming back and like before note 7 they will be stronger than apple again.

However, they are still the best Android handset out there. Many copy but none replicate!

C`mon guys,

The “apple” is bitten and probably rotten!

The other thing backwards is “gnusmas” and this sounds kinda gross in Bulgarian :slight_smile:!

So lets continue with Anker products and leave exploding and rotting aside :slight_smile: .
I hope this thread will not grow up to another war of fan boys.

Lets be constructive :slight_smile: I still think that for travel - smaller is better if there is no sacrifice with performance and security. Melting charger in the night is never a good idea nor a slower charging one when you have just 40 mins at airport during transfer between flights.

That’s why be better with a Q3 powerbank. As can charge on way to airport, and as you wonder around looking for your gate.

Obvs to use a wall charger, you need quick charge booster, and booster/quick/fast charge on your fone.

Smaller is defenitly better for a traveler.

depends, to transport it in the bag every day, for me it is better small