Is Smaller, Better? Tell Us Your Thoughts!

You are a rational consumer!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yeah, we also have plan to produce some small size power banks too!

1 Like

It’s hard to balance both requirement.:sob:

Good point! :joy:

1 Like

I got you! Hope we will make it!

1 Like

Since a wall charger will normally be hidden under desk etc, the size of it wouldn’t affect my purchase decision too much.
I would always go for the cheapest option given it provides the same functionality for half the price of the smaller counterpart.

1 Like

I travel a lot. Size and weight are major factors for me.

2 Likes

For home use, size doesn’t really matter too much to me. I put down C, but any would be fine, so I’d probably lean towards cheaper. For what I need when I travel, however, two ports is just too few. I have a PowerPort 5 Ports charger that I use (https://www.anker.com/products/variant/powerport-5-ports/A2124112). It’s not as “portable”, but I really only travel when my family goes on vacation, and for that, I need at least 4-5 ports (if not more sometimes).
So, in my “use case”, which would be having a few of these scattered around the house, I’d go for larger and cheaper generally.

Completely missing what is IMHO the REAL issue.

Look at the TERRIBLE “me too” basic design of the Anker Charger pictured. Apple is guilty of the same.

The smallest dimension of the charger should be perpendicular to the wall, such that the charger sits as flush against the wall as possible. USB ports should remain on the narrowest edge, so that USB cables plugged into the charger are parallel to the wall.

The existing terrible design which most wall chargers are guilty of

1. Does not fit behind furnishings, especially with cables further protruding away.
  2. Is unstable and prone to falling out of wall sockets, as its centre of gravity is so far from the wall.

BEFORE you worry about size, please stop making this terrible design that is common to 90%+ wall chargers.

I expect more from Anker.

Please keep the foldable AC plugs, but move them to the largest area side of the charger, to accomplish solve all the problems above.

After that - yes smaller is better and I would pay more for a smaller travel version.

8 Likes

In term of travel smaller is better. The more room in my backpack/suitcase the better so that I can fit more things that matter. Having a necessity like a wall plug on a trip that’s small but provides the same functionality is absolutely worth the money! I mean, there’s really no reason to have a big bulky cheap charger in your luggage that’s 1-4x the weight and size of a smaller one doing the exact same job…

1 Like

Smaller may be better sometimes when one side of the outlet is being used by another appliance but it’s also easier to get lost.

@AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical some very good suggestions here. You may want to forward these to the R&D teams.

4 Likes

I have a PowerPort 2 Elite and the size of that is absolutely fine. If I’m traveling, sure I’d love something small like A, the physical size isn’t all that important though.

Nearly two-thirds of those who took the survey chose option A! I think this means the smaller product concept will become a reality soon! (?) Do you know if a decision has been made yet @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical?

I’m not a fan of smaller. Smaller is easier to lose. The C option is small enough.

I would totally go with product A especially if it was powerful enough to charge my ipad pro and macbook. So i would love to have something with usb and a usb-c port above it so it can have multiple functions.

3 Likes

I would be more interested in more compact LARGER models with fold-in plug and high-power USB-C PD. If you made a 4-port with folding plug that has 3x USB Power IQ and 1x USB PD that is capable of charging a 15” MacBook Pro or Nintendo Switch in Docked TV mode (15W 3A?) that is smaller than the MacBook Pro Charger, I would pay more than average for those features. Also a 2-port USB with one USB C PD port that could charge the MacBook and Switch as above but is a lot smaller would also be great. Aukey already makes a similar 2-port but it appears to be a bit larger than expected and ugly. Right now, to have these features, I have moved on to no-name Amazon sellers with similar products. I would like to come back to Anker if the features/size is there.

2 Likes

The Aukey will not charge a 15” MacBook Pro at normal rate, actually. Also having a removable plug on the 4-port for international adapters would be a nice feature as already mentioned.

I agree on more ports.
For home use, smaller is not that beneficial.
For the road warrior:
-small size/weight,
-folding plug (won’t snag or be broken in backpack)
-more ports (I travel with iPad, iPhone,Apple Watch, Anker power block)
-fast charging
-wall hugging would be nice. I have not had problems with my current anger block falling from outlets.

You would be better off with two surveys. One for road warriors, one for non-travelers.

2 Likes

Dpkroh has the right idea

Change the plug style to have the charger perpendicular to the wall

Make it USB-PD

And get on the Lightning to USB-C cables.

Stop trying to reinvent an old product or line. Look forward to make the new stuff have those features

2 Likes