Is iPad 2017 type cover in works?

I got the new iPad for my birthday.I want to be able to use it for work so a type cover would be perfect and I heard anker made the best sub $50 type covers. Sadly the closest match to the new iPad is the original air and I don’t see a cover for the air in the lineup. So if you have something coming soon I’ll wait for the quality but if not I’ll have to shop elsewhere.

2 Likes

A cover doesnt need to pass FCC as its passive, it does not transmit electromagnetically. A bluetooth keyboard cover possibly would, but I cant find the rule of maximum Watts required to test.

2 Likes

What was I thinking… I should have known that.

1 Like

Not trying to say you made the wrong decision or anything like that. It may not even have been your choice considering it was for your birthday, BUT… if you are planning on using it for more intensive tasks that just browsing the web and checking email, playing a few games, watching a video, then I would have recommended the iPad Pro 9.7" to you… not sure it’s worth $600, but I know Apple’s refurbished store has it for $509 and it was widely available for $449 on Black Friday. Also, there is rumored to be new iPads later this year.
Finally, don’t feel like you need to get an Anker type cover. There are plenty of other things you can get Anker. :wink:

1 Like

Chances are with the Air 2 being discontinued by Apple last month, that Anker will most likely tweak their existing design to accommodate the new base model of iPad in the near future.

1 Like

iPads are fine for the mentioned above and some other basic tasks such as Word / Excel but if your gonna be doing intense tasks and want more flexibility, skip the iPad Pro and get a laptop with the cash :grin:

When I need portability and power, I RDP into my server running a Windows VM for the odd demanding app. That keeps me portable and yet have performance when needed.

I use to have an old iPad 3rd gen that broke 2 years ago so I was gifted the newest one. It’s more of a multitasking device that when I have the spare time I liked writing with. Got 2 chapters done of a book on that thing because I had it with me and inspiration struck. That was all on the touch screen so I figure a type cover would make those moments more convenient for me. If its a separate device like a blutooth keyboard I’m less likely to have it on me, so I’m hoping for one that goes where the iPad goes.