iPhone 7 Plus screen protector mysterious bubbles

After just 2 months it showed up some bubbles under the glass near the left corner. I swear that I’ve never pulled up the screen protector from the phone.

Did you guys had the same problem I had?

Now I’ve bought again the same model and I’ve already applied it. I hope it will last without showing the same issue.

1 Like

Hi @trimarchimanuele, would you mind to take some photo to show the bubbles? So we can better solve your problem.:grin:

Hi guys, as I said I’ve already changed it without taking photos unfortunately. But I’ve read the same problem on some guys from Amazon Italy reviews.

If it will help you the product is this one:

[Adatta ad ogni custodia](Confezione da 2) Pellicola Vetro Temperato iPhone 8 Plus iPhone 7 Plus Anker GlassGuard - Proteggi Schermo Ultra Resistente https://www.amazon.it/dp/B01MZ0J7V6/

Hi @trimarchimanuele , I’ve seen this happen when either the screen protector has not been aligned correctly during install or if it has been used with a phone case that reaches to the unprotected bezel area of the screen. In both instances the protector can be lifted enough to allow dust to get underneath and cause bubbles…

Do you have a photo of the issue before your replaced and did you contact support@anker.com with your issue, for replacement?

2 Likes

Hi @ndalby I’m quite sure that the alignment was really perfect. Also the screen protector for iPhone 7 plus it’s really smaller that the totally screen area of the phone because the corners of the screen are rounded.

My last iPhone screen protector (non-anker) had a small bubble on the side after 1 year of being perfect. I think i may have unknowingly rubbed it against my pocket knife while putting it into my pocket. regardless, I didn’t lose any sleep since 1 year is a pretty good run for a screen protector for me and it was time for a change anyways.

Normally, if you use a soft cloth, and push the bubble to the side with little pressure, it would disappear. If it is persistent, it could be something between the two glasses.

@NTran yep I’ve tried but no lucky.

Btw, as I said I’ve just bought again the same model and already changed it. I was curious to know if it was just me or it may be a normal issue with those type of screen protector. Thanks for your feedback guys :slight_smile:

I don’t think it behaves like that normally. It could be one-off case.

1 Like

Most likely a one-off case as @NTran mentioned. Sometimes even with the best alignment there can be room for dust to get in as the protectors do not cover fully edge to edge.

1 Like

I think it’s a common problem of screen protectors. The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus have slightly rounded screen edges. Dust can easily get under the glass from the edges, if there is even the slightest space.

And once it’s there, it will spread :frowning:

1 Like

Ok so maybe that’s the problem. Soooo… Just because my phone has got rounded corner it is possible that dust can damage the screen protection. So it is possible that even those new ones that I bought may have the same problem I had… Well, I hope not :sweat_smile:

I have the same problem but don’t really mind seeing the air bubbles since there at the bottom of the screen the only thing that I find annoying about to these screen protectors is that there super slippery when I put my phone screen down it slips with blanket or on my bunk bed ladder but at the same time it’s been protecting my phone from scratches and there free

1 Like