iPhone 7 Battery Case - Coming this December?

I recently replaced my iPhone 6 (128GB, Space Grey) with an iPhone 7 (256GB, Matte Black). Thus far I’m very happy with the new phone, however I really miss the peace of mind that I had when using my Anker Ultra Slim Extended Battery Case with my iPhone 6. I emailed Anker last month to ask if/when they will be releasing a battery case for the iPhone 7 and Helen replied that they will be releasing one in December!

I do wish it was coming sooner, but I’m glad to know that it’s on the way. Can anyone from Anker confirm whether or not there is a hard release date set yet?

Also, I’m wondering if it’s possible to design the case with a lightning charging port instead of micro USB, similar to the official Apple Smart Battery Case. This would be much more convenient, but I assume that third parties are somehow prevented from doing this. Since the iPhone 7 no longer has a headphone jack, and I use wired headphones (now with the lightning dongle attached), convenient access to the phone’s lightning port is important to me. I have been seriously considering just buying the Apple case, but I really dislike the design of that case (both the look and feel) compared to Anker’s battery case. The old Anker case looks better, feels better, and has a larger battery (2850 mAh vs Apple’s 2365 mAh).

Decisions, decisions… What does everyone else think? Are you also looking forward to an iPhone 7 compatible Anker battery case? :slight_smile:

PS: Technically you can use the iPhone 6/6s Anker battery case with the iPhone 7, but the camera cutout is different and thus you can’t use the camera while it’s in the case (and the camera rubs against the case when the phone is being inserted).

Any updates?!?! December was months ago!!!

The iPhone 7 battery case is here.

Also compatible with iPhone 6/6s