iOS 13 & Your favourite feature

Till recently this “epidemic” of connecting multiple items,dongles, cables, adapters, and what not… was limited to Macs… now iPad also joins the list of patients :face_with_thermometer:

2 Likes

Getting close to a real Mac

1 Like

Love that hub. To bad they don’t make one for the lighting cable connection for the iPad Air 3.

1 Like

My favorite features: Dark mode and the ability to ignore all calls if they’re not in your contacts!

1 Like

I just can’t use this. What if I get a call from- say, the bank. I don’t have a contact for all the banks phone numbers, but I still need to know that I overspent on my credit card (example).

Or if I go to the doctor for a checkup, they generally call in the results. They have a bunch of phone numbers and never use the same one, so I can’t have this feature on.

It just really seems like a bad idea to have it on

They will leave a voicemail and you can Call them Back. I have my iPhone on DND and this silence unknown caller feature turned ON all the time.

Also ALL the Major banks send text messages as well if there are such issues, else voicemail is the option.

1 Like

Oh I didn’t know you got voicemails too, I figured those were blocked as well. I might turn it on then.

Nah, it’s been great! It has already blocked a bunch of calls for me. As @Shenoy noted, the caller can leave a voicemail if it’s important, or you can turn the feature off temporarily if you’re expecting an important call.

1 Like

I am going to turn it on for a while and see if it works for me. Just need to save few regular numbers I get calls from, schools, banks, doctors office etc., then good to go.

The HyperDrive hub works perfectly. Allows me to even connect a wired headphone or powered speakers if I wanted to, as well as charge the tablet simultaneously.

As for the Lightning connection, that would be useless as it doesn’t support fast charging nor fast data transfer speeds, at USB 2.0 speeds.

I’m on the developer beta and I love dark mode and audio sharing.

Audio sharing. What’s that? I’ve been doing all the betas but don’t recall anything about that…

Edit: forget it, I remember what it is. It’s a shame it’s only limited to select Apple earbuds.

Check this out for Audio Sharing

1 Like

I have used this feature while using Roku private listening mode from iPhone sharing audio with my wife’s and my airpods… Works pretty good… but it’s not very easy to set it up though

Yeah, this is another cool feature, if you can figure out how to set it up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The coolest feature yet on iOS 13 is the Automation in Shortcuts

2 Likes

Tried it but not able to use it, may be just me and what I needed, what do you use it for though, for example?

Oh so another feature that somewhat had been available on android for some time. Way to go apple.

And I’m talking about dual audio, where you can pair multiple BT earphones to a phone and share what your listening to, which btw is much easier and faster than apple’s way of doing it

2 Likes

Apple has some how lost some of it’s mojo, and now playing catch up game… product upgrades also are incremental, and more of a camera company now

Apples not “playing catch up”, they’re doing this intentionally. They could easily add all the functionality of other high end brands in a single year. They don’t because after jobs left they haven’t been innovating. They have add “new features” every hear so they’re just spreading out the features that there are so people will keep buying.