IOS 11 - iPhone now says Anker cable not supported

I just went to buy 6ft iPhone charge cables but the comments on Amazon say with IOS 11, the phone says these cables are not supported. Will Anker address this? I love my Anker cables but if this issue is real, I will wait to buy until an update is out.

1 Like

I’m on iOS 11 and all of my Anker cables work. Which version do you have? I’ll check if I have one and see. But I have Powerline+ and + II, Dura and Powerline II and they are fine.

1 Like

I’ve seen similar messages on both Apple and non-Apple cables. Completing a force reset on your iPhone (home + power button until you get the Apple logo), often resolves. If this fails to resolve you could reach out to support@anker.com with your issue and troubleshooting steps taken for assistance under your warranty.

2 Likes

Thank you. I am just going to order the cables because I have confidence Anker will figure something out. I will try to fix you recommend if I see the message (which I have seen with non-Anker, non-iPhone MFi certified cables).

1 Like

@jsydneygoldman why don’t you do what @Oggyboy said any use cables known to work before ordering?

2 Likes

Most of the time, these error messages are caused by pocket lint stuck in the charging port. Cleaning it out with a toothpick or new toothbrush should correct it for both OEM and MFi-certified third-party cables.

3 Likes

What kinda plug are you using? I’ve had similar issue before with a cheap usb plug socket from eBay

You can buy with confidence, they work on iOS 11 ! At home, we have an iPhone 6, an iPad Air and an iPad Mini, all running iOS 11 !

Have bought around 3 of these cables for myself and my family - no issues at all with iOS 11.

1 Like

All anker lightning cables should work with iOS 11… it is probably the power source or the lightning port on your phone.

I have an issue with the power strip next to my bed. Regardless of which cable and charger I plug into this power strip, it will intermittently not charge. It will continually stop/start charging every few minutes… i have no problem when I plug these same cables & chargers directly into the wall.

On another note, I just received my powerline+ II lightning cable and it is a really well constructed cable. i definitely suggest considering buying this one, it is worth the investment.