Introducing Roav, The Smart Driving System, from Anker

@bill_rae The pre-order lasts till the end of this year, but $200 savings are limited on a first come, first serve basis.

Roav has the “find my car” feature, which is supposed to help driver to locate their car in the parking lot. But this will not be able to track the vehicle if it is stolen.

4 Likes

Looks awesome, love the design of it, it having it’s on LTE modem might be a downside, for most it means having to pay for another 4G connection as they are unable to use their phone to provide data?

1 Like

there is a wifi only version as well

Sounds cool, but the cost is too rich for my blood even after the discount. Shame because I really like the concept. Wonder how much data it will use… will be interesting to see the reviews on this.

1 Like

Awesome, can’t wait to try it

I’ll try it!!!

Was anyone fortunate enough to have beta tested this? I’m wondering what your satisfaction was with the product? Would you purchase, or have you pre-ordered one?

beta test hasn’t started yet. Roav doesnt ship until summer next year btw

if you’re gonna buy roav, you can use this link for an additional $25 off your order (total $225 off)

http://bit.ly/2ff5e7o

1 Like

I like this product, i think that this product will be useful

1 Like

Looks cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why was there not consideration for adding lifetime data sim’s. That seems to be standard for a quite a few new gps tracking devices.

1 Like

I would LOVE to have one of these

1 Like

I am excessively vexed by Waze (phone app) incessant “vehicle stopped on shoulder” ‘hazard’ announcements – doubly so since google disallows the preference hack to ignore certain alerts.

My UNLIMITED data plan from verizon does NOT allow wifi tethering not surprisingly.

This would be a great bluetooth SINK device

Evil google charges $10/gig/month on it’s mobile data platform for an extra data-only device. Not being a fan of Privacy Rape that is not an option for myself.

#I want one

1 Like

#Hugely disappointing I cannot buy this from Amazon

where I purchase 99% of goods in favor of their excellent customer service and product representation standards.

LTE “trial” irksome

For US customers, the plan is free for the first three months and then costs $9.99 per month.

I would buy the wifi model to use my PAYG LTE modem. AFIR tmobile had a $10/month data package. Now my roav purchase is contingent on finding a third party data provider.

VPN required

If I were to use Privacy Raping google FI service I would want all traffic conveyed via VPN to hide from google. I would be content to use my own VPN provider (TorGuard, CyberGhost, PIA, or other TorrentFreak reviewed privacy-centric enterprise). As roav is wielding android one may use OpenVPN without root or the vpn provider’s app.

#Bring Your own sim?

Can one provide an LTE sim instead of paying roav?

#GNSS

More info on its GNSS implementation please

4 Likes

i would like to see the real thing in action. not just an add.

1 Like

Link to some with lifetime plans please. Interested

2 Likes

Anker is every bit as good as amazon with customer support. ANY issue I have had they have made it right and done so quickly.

1 Like

Wow, this honestly looks amazing! I haven’t seen another product on the market like this. As a new driver, this would be a very useful tool, but would be an amazing resource for advanced drivers as well!

3 Likes

I think this product is really awesome , maybe it comes to Germany, because the most nice new product’s like the PowerHouse in not aviable here in germany.
Hopefully the German marked is attractive enough.

1 Like