Introducing PowerCore Slim 10000 PD | Our Slimmest Power Delivery Portable Battery

Note this Slim 10000 PD is 18W output, the non-Slim is 28W.

“Total Power Output: 18W”
“Total Power Output: 28W”

So it’s not just a different form factor, the Slim is less capable.

The Slim appears heavier but I have learned to be skeptical of the early Amazon specs, they often have errors. But on face value:

Slim: 5.9 x 2.7 x 0.6 inches, so 9.6 cuin, 7.4 ounces
Non-Slim: 4.5 x 2.0 x 1.0 in, 9 cuin but as its more rounded sides it will be less, 192g/6.8 oz

So on face value, the Slim is physically larger, less powerful, heavier and currently costing more.

Did I make any errors?

3 Likes

Only advantages of the Slim that I can think of are:

1. The simple fact that it’s slim if you like the form factor better
  2. USB-A port can output up to 12W versus 10W (if it’s the only port in use)
  3. More precise LED power indicator
  4. Cheaper at regular price

Most of the slim versions of Anker’s PowerCores seem to be larger/heavier than their non-slim variants. Maybe because of the different battery technology?

1 Like

It makes sense a slab shape is heavier than a round shape, as surface area is increased so more plastic casing.

But it also makes sense for slab shape to be higher wattage, particularly recharge time, but the slab is the same 3.5h. A slab shape is thermally more efficient and the recharge is the most thermally challenging aspect.

I’m wondering if this puzzle is due to a different Wh, Anker doesn’t publish these, but it’s printed on the package so any photos of actual product would help solve the puzzle. So is the Slim more Wh?

12W vs 10W USBA. I doubt anyone buying either for the cost over a 10000 cares as it’s likely recharging buds. If you were recharging two meaty devices you’d be worried about only 10Ah more.

Higher wattage goes with bigger devices who need more Wh. Not sure of the benefits of a small Wh PD.

2 Likes

If most were to spend the money to buy an expensive powerbank, I doubt they would have the extra spare to pimp. Considering it’s an extra $20 to do so … That’s another powerbank or headset.

1 Like

Doesn’t charge in the 3.5 hours claimed with IQ3. I have the PowerPort Atom III with one IQ2 and one IQ3 and off the IQ3 it took 5 hours to go from 2 of 5 lights to charged.

I see it says “Anker 30W PowerPort PD 2 not supported”

I have other chargers, will try them at next recharge.