Introducing PowerCore+ 10000 Pro | Anker's First Portable Charger with Updatable Firmware is Now Available!

My daily energy total needs is 13Ah-25Ah.

While 10Ah can begin a day with all devices charged and 10Ah finishes the day with no device off due to empty, there is no contingency for an awful day including a power outage. So I prefer to have a day’s needs. Currently I do that by carrying multiple Powercore. My perfectly fine older Powercore aren’t dying soon.

1 Like

But what is the capacity of all your built in battery’s combined?

1 Like

14Ah of internal cells, allow 20% losses means to recharge them all is 17Ah.

So if I wake with devices charged, and a typical day of devices empty on a day, to wake the next day charged needs 17Ah. To cover quiet to busy is 13Ah to 25Ah.

But statistically power outages are rare, much more typical is just a day of moving, begin with everything charged and end the day with most things working, so 10Ah is fine as an EDC, but I’d have another 10Ah.

3 Likes

It has the Anker Power Port Atom PD 1 with 30W USB-C + PowerLine USB-C to USB-C cable (6 ft./1.8 m)… Plus the Apple Store Branding :smile: so the price is $49.99…

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t realize it has the cable with it. That makes a lot more sense now :+1:

2 Likes

Overall this PowerCore+ Pro 10000 is largely a disappointment in my opinion. No wireless charging, extremely limited in terms of ports, no usb-c, no PD charging. Seems Anker took a page out of Apples playbook since its Apple exclusive and included almost NO innovation in this charger, just updateable firmware for double the price of any of their other 10000mAh chargers.

This should have offered a lot more, especially for the price. The community should have been consulted, and if not us, certainly someone who values innovation should have been.

3 Likes

I’m just disappointed Apple made them market this as “Pro”

As you pointed out, this charger was clearly developed closely with Apple and includes some neat features targeted toward iPhone users that no other portable charger on the market currently offers, but that does not make it “Pro”

PowerCore+ 10000 Select would have been a more appropriate name in my opinion.

1 Like

Wow that price is insane.

1 Like

Ouch, you can tell apple had a say in this

Wowsers, that’s expensive for a 10k powerbank, esp as they’re usually around 10-20 a go

UPDATE

I have confirmed with Anker support that this does not support Power Delivery. The input and output are both 5V/3A.

1 Like

Pass-through?

That’s right!

1 Like

Sweet, hopefully we see pass through on more of their powerbanks. Anker hasn’t had pass through on any of the power banks in the years, besides the fusions but those are a different animal.

Wish there was a type c version😢

@AnkerTechnical @AnkerOfficial
What I would really like to see is a type-c variant that is optimized to work with Anker solar panels similar to the previous model I believe it was the E1 or Astro something. Currently whenever a cloud passes overhead and I’m charging a power bank with my solar panel it gets stuck in trickle charge mode.

1 Like

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Also, the whole ‘46 hours of battery life’ sounds like an Apple advised marketing ploy…so basically it recharges the newer iPhones(XR/XS/XS Max) 2 times? Man…I cannot wrap my head around this price. Im quite a believer in you get what you pay for, which is how I found this community in the first place, but ive also come to expect fair value and innovation for cost of goods from Anker. I cant imagine many will sell, and i hope Anker comes out with something very similar that wont be Apple exclusive at a lower price point.

Keep the lightning input, and the updatable firmware, if possible add some more options on the software side within the app(i.e. voltage/amperage control, remaining charging time, percentage left…etc)…throw away the integrated cable, add in a USB-C PD(input/output) and USB-A QC3.0 out(maybe), and wireless charging(maybe) and make 10000 and 20000mAh versions and youd have a real winner. I am happy to see Anker include a Lightning input, maybe based off that inclusion in this device theyll start to include that on more devices since its probable the iPhone 11 wont be USB-C. I feel like they may have been holding out on lightning inputs because of the possible change over to USB-C for iPhones, but with this device and the iPhone 11 leaks it looks unlikely.

2 Likes

I’d prefer multiple port Powerport than passthru Powercore. More flexibility and lower cost and if you’re just moving for the day the smaller the Powercore the better in pockets.

The most expensive Powercore I ever bought was the 26800 for $30, it barely got used. Most used was the simple 10000 for $21.

I agree that in an ideal world a multiple port charger would be better. I would be happy to sacrifice a little extra Pocket space if that meant my power bank would have more features. Of course pass-through charging creates more heat due to the fact the power bank is charging and discharging at the same time but that doesn’t concern me as that feature won’t be used often by the average user but is very handy in a pinch. Imagine you’re in a situation we’re only one USB charging port is available or a situation where you would like to daisy chain power Banks to create a larger power bank to power some remote device. All of that said extra the extra heat created will deteriorate the internal cells of the power bank faster so I believe it should be at least a 13,000 milliamp battery.

Hope that makes a little bit of sense :joy: I’ve had my morning Joe.

1 Like

If there weren’t downsides then yes, but there are downsides, size, cost.

The passthru idea needs a more powerful socket in the charger, e.g. One 60W rather than two 30W.

Passthru still needs two cables and the one to the charger needs to be more powerful / thicker.

So I don’t see any upside, only at most neutral which means it has to be neutral on cost, size, weight.

1 Like

it’s a given that a power bank with pass-through would be slightly larger and heavier but I don’t see those has drawbacks when you factor in the extra ability. It wouldn’t be for everyone but not every Power Bank is.

I think a 30w PD charger would suffice for charging phones, 18 watts to the phone and the remainder to the power bank until the phone is fully charged then the power bank can charge at a higher rate. Sure in most cases you’ll be forced to carry 2 cables but the model above has a built-in cable. I have a feeling that the extra cost would not be much either maybe a dollar or two.

I do see your points and respect your opinion but let’s agree to disagree on this one.

2 Likes

The existence of such intelligence within a portable charger, well we wont make it exist or not, that’s upto the market. Our debate is if we would individually buy it.

I have long thought the intelligence should be in the charger. The point you make of a charger being less powerful than the sum of the needs I have thought a good compromise, but ports should have priority numbered.

My 2 month road trip begins today, I got everything down to one suitcase and gadgetry is about 20% of total volume. A lot of it is cables.

Take for example the new charger it is 60W which is plenty but it’s only 1 port. It would beckon the passthru you seek. I’m packing a 12f power extension cord due to hotel sockets not being near the bed, and a 10 port Powerport to recharge everything and it’s less total cables weight/volume to have shorter USB cables to a hub to a long cable than the opposite.

2 Likes