Introducing PowerCore+ 10000 Pro | Anker's First Portable Charger with Updatable Firmware is Now Available!

I really hope there is no integrated cable, why bother limiting its use to those who need that particular cable. Additionally, I would think the cable could break or fail long before the charger would. Not to mention that I hope Apple will eventually transition to USB-c on all devices and then this would become obsolete.

Is this a wall charger or a power bank?

2 Likes

Not something that immediately grabs my attention from an “average users” perspective.

But one thing is for sure it is very int…

…riguing

Thanks for sharing @Insider

1 Like

Unless it already had the chips installed, what can an update do, that the charger can’t already do from out the box.

I 100% agree with you… bet the warranty will probably just be the regular 18 months and not the lifetime like the cables.

This model in particular is a power bank, although I don’t see why updatable firmware couldn’t apply to other types of chargers in the future…

I saw a solarpower bank at 5000 mAh. https://www.anker.com/uk/products/variant/powercore-solar-5000mah/A1632011
It looks like it’s for Europe only. Being able to update the firmware is definitely a first in this segment.

1 Like

That looks like an old product.

Pretty sure it just went on sale for prime day- but I could be wrong

I was following all the deals but did not see the PowerCore Solar 5000mAh on sale Or even available for purchase for US.

1 Like

I haven’t seen it in any other region and I know the PowerPort Solar 21watt is a free range on price

1 Like

Sounds like a great option but I bet they will give us another app to install on our phones.

This is a great option in theory but not many people will find it useful. Personally I would get just because I like to have control over my tech and the option to update firmware on a powerbank could be useful.

1 Like

Sounds interesting :thinking:

1 Like

I suppose this device uses Bluetooth to connect to the app. iOS only though.

I guess being able to update firmware is a plus. They should add the ability to accurately see how much power is left in the power bank and/or how much time until it’s fully charged.

1 Like

It’s actually a wired connection.

That makes sense for a power bank.

1 Like

I didn’t read the Spec in the app page:

HOW TO PAIR DEVICES

Just plug the lighting cable of PowerCore+ Pro 10000 into your iOS device, the connection will be built automatically.

2 Likes

10Ah too small.

The smaller the charger the more single purpose, e.g. it just charges a phone.

The bigger the charger the the more it has to recharge multiple devices, and they compete and so may need multiple “personalities”.

Nice idea but it is needed more within more than 10Ah.

There then is the cost aspects, the electronics to do this is going to be a few $ and if it were diluted over a larger charger then it makes a “why not” argument, but a bit like the Powercore 10000 PD at $45 I totally ignored til I could get it at $18, as it is only 10Ah, I can see the same “why bother” for this.

Once again I find myself at odds, baffled, with Anker. Why bother have a forum if its just a marketing engine, them use this to sell and not to listen.

1 Like

I like the 10000 size. Easily pocketable and still enough to get me through a day. I’m sure they will offer larger variants too.

1 Like

Wow. Interesting concept that I can’t wait to see. I just hope that as future products come out, that older ones don’t get neglected.

2 Likes

Just saw this… basically the atom pd1, but $50 and from Apple. Classic

1 Like