Introducing PowerCore+ 10000 Pro | Anker's First Portable Charger with Updatable Firmware is Now Available!

Anker has just released its first portable charger with updatable firmware… Take a look at PowerCore+ 10000 Pro!

Highlights

• More than 46 hours of battery life
  • Built-in Lightning cable and Lightning input
  • Listen to music through the Lightning port while charging
  • Free PowerCore+ app ensures you get future firmware updates for ongoing optimal performance
  • Simultaneously recharge PowerCore battery and your iPhone
  • Check PowerCore battery level on iPhone lock screen
  • Sync data while charging

It is important to note that the input and output specs are not listed, which means we don’t know whether this supports Power Delivery. However, my gut feeling is that it does not.

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerCore+ 10000 Pro is available to order now on the Apple Store for a cost of $109.99, and should begin shipping immediately.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s first portable charger with updatable firmware? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

14 Likes

All sounds very interesting! Can’t wait for more information!

2 Likes

Sounds interesting! Definitely looking forward to seeing more about the PowerCore+ Pro 10000.

2 Likes

very interesting

2 Likes

This would be a very unique system. As mentioned, it would apparently be a Pro feature for only select products. I don’t know how much use it would be though for your average user but if the ability is there for those that want to utilize it…:+1:

1 Like

Looks like another great product from Anker! Hope they has included a USB-C cable with a Lightning port extension similar to the 3-in-1 cable, instead of a Lightning only cable.

Feature I would like to see is may be a future version PowerCore+ Pro 10000 C with a USB-C Integrated cable :wink: plus Lightening port extension.

About the App and Firmware, not really sure what the app could do and what firmware updates can go into a powerbank? it will not increase the capacity of charging, so will need to wait and watch for some testing on the app portion and benefits.

Wireless charging is an awesome new addition :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for share!!!

1 Like

Just to clarify, that is 99% speculation on my part.

Hmmm, interesting.

1 Like

What do you think, guys?!

We already know it’s “interesting” :laughing:

You have got an amazing speculation… example, price of PowerHouse 200 you mentioned nearly matched the PrimeDay deal… so this one too might come true :wink:

1 Like

I mean, there’s not much we can say. We don’t really know much…

1 Like

I’m curious about the integrated lightning cable. Really limits the number of customers this is available to, and it’ll be interesting to see if they develop an app for Android phones & release one with an integrated USB-C cable.

1 Like

I totally agree! Also not sure how I feel about integrated cables in general from a longevity standpoint. Sure, Anker’s cables are durable, but will this product come with a lifetime warranty, too? I highly doubt it…

2 Likes

This sounds great, for a techy person like myself having this kind of capability would be really cool and fun. However I think that a lightning port + USB-C to lightning cable included to recharge the device would be a better feature then simply an integrated lightning cable. That would give iPhone/Apple users the ability to carry only (1) cable with them to both charge the Power Bank and their device(iPhone/iPad). There are other companies out there with both integrated lightning cables as well as lightning ports on their Power Banks to recharge the bank and only have to carry one cable, and overwhelmingly the ones with ports sell and function better.

A cool idea built off the port: there are some power banks including ones made by Anker that allow for two inputs to charge the bank faster, if there is both a USB-C Power Delivery port, and a Lightning Port for recharge as I said above, being that Apple devices can take 9V@2A=18W maybe it would be possible to have dual USB PD inputs to charge the device even faster! Im not sure a dual PD input is possible, but I have faith that if it is, Anker would be the ones to implement it.

3 Likes

Dual PD input would only make since with over 100W, right? Since PD can go up to 100W. And I doubt we’re going to be seeing over 100W input on a power bank anytime soon…

Great thoughts, though! Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Not necessarily, some PD charges at 18W, some at 30W, some at 45W. My bet is if its only a 10000 power bank, it will max at 18W input/output via PD. However there are some banks out there that can charge/recharge at 30W PD, some at 45W…So it could be 2 18W inputs for a 10000, the idea would be more applicable to a higher mAh Power Bank definitely though.

2 Likes

I do see what you mean though, the input could be set to whatever under 100W for the bank to recharge. All im saying is usually the input is less then or equal to that ports output, and if there are 2 ports capable of 18W maybe it would be possible to recharge using both at 18W each, unless the USB-C port is going to offer a higher Wattage then 18 for input/output.

2 Likes

Great info like always @Insider. If it’s reasonably priced, then it may be my first Powercore+

1 Like

Good find @Insider the wireless charging could be interesting but not sold on the integrated cable if its true :confused: after being mentioned and kinda shot down many times on here…I would be surprised if they went that route (unless its an Apple exclusive) …

1 Like