Introducing Lumos 2.0!

eufy’s new smart bulbs are much smaller than before… Take a look!
#Lumos 2.0

In addition to being more compact, this generation features a new Wi-Fi antenna for improved connections.

Finally, despite these refinements, eufy’s Lumos 2.0 smart bulbs are even cheaper than their predecessors:

• Dimmable White — $15
  • Tunable White — $18

The FCC recently received applications for both of these bulbs.

It remains unclear if eufy will also upgrade the full color version.

Expect more details, including exact specs regarding brightness and more, to become available when these bulbs go on sale later this month.

What are your thoughts on eufy’s latest smart bulbs? Let us know everything you’re thinking with a reply down below!

Source

16 Likes

Really want to try one of these smart bulbs sometime :wink:

4 Likes

Size wise they look so much better than the last gen versions. When I compared it to a Philips Hue bulb it dwarfed it big time!

I’m happy to see that Eufy has implemented these improvements and shall look forward to trying them when they are released in the U.K. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For those that have tried the older versions of these, how bright were they? I tried my first smart bulb I bought from Costco and found it to be very dim, even when turned up all the way. It was rather disappointing. I forgot how many lumens they were but I ended up returning them. I would like to have another go at a smart bulb though. Perhaps these new ones will be my answer.

3 Likes

800 Lumens (60W equivalent)

2 Likes

@Nhi I got one of the white ones last year going cheap on amazon and it was plenty bright for me.

Everyone will have their own preference with regards to the brightness and suppose it depends on the size of the room as well.

I’ve got a fair size open living room and it filled it with more than enough light for my liking and needs. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve currently got the tunable white but a smaller version is wicked

2 Likes

Do I need a remote control for each bulb - or can I control several bulbs with one remote ?

I am curious how this works out on a party … or after it … will the lights ever go out ?

Looks neat. I don’t think I’ll ever get smart lightbulbs because I can always get smart ligh switches, which don’t have to be replaced :wink:

2 Likes

Should be able to control multiple units from the app.

1 Like

I would like to see an outdoor version. I have both of the older version and the color map if you will in the app is a little more complicated than previous app version. Color wheel that seems to repeat vs the dot that you moved. This version you have more control over the shades of color, however it’s like scrolling through a webpage to get to the bottom. I have set the bulb to green and after a few cycles of on and off it switches back to the OEM color.

2 Likes

As @Isaac_Schloss said, the app can handle multiple bulbs.

2 Likes

I like their price. I’d rather go with Anker smart bulbs than a different company

3 Likes

I have the earlier Lumos bulb, use it on a daily basis with schedule. Works great. Would like to see the differences between the two

3 Likes

I currently have Lutron Casetta and I have hard time finding compatible dimmer LED bulbs, they usually are expensive. The most of my house don’t have a neutral cable so I can’t install the regular switch. For this price I believe they are a great deal. I’m will be getting a few of the tunable for my “studio/PC room/bedroom for visitors” :joy:

3 Likes
  1. I don’t care about the dimmable features to be honest, I just want to be able to turn them on and off.
  2. All of my bulbs already are dimmable LEDs anyway.
1 Like

Smart bulbs are on my wishlist longtime now. Need to justify the case and buy some of these 2.0 version.
Hope they will be on powerdraw or giveaway contest soon. I can try and get more if I like.

4 Likes

This is another reason I wanted IFTTT on my eufycam, so I can turn my porch lights on if my cam detects any activity!

2 Likes

Never tried these ones but I really like the ones I have currently set up

1 Like