[New Release] iPhone LED Flash is Now Available!

Anker has just released the first MFi certified camera flash accessory… Take a look!

Features & details

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • Complete Creative Power: With a flash up to 4× brighter and with twice the range of the native iPhone camera flash, iPhone LED Flash gives you the power to experiment with new creative expressions in any situation.
  • Tight Sync: The built-in Lightning connector ensures iPhone LED Flash is perfectly synchronized with your iPhone 11 rear cameras—just turn on your iPhone’s flash to get started. Compatible with iPhone camera app and 3rd party camera apps.
  • Dual Light Modes: Flash mode syncs up with your iPhone 11 camera flash to take more than 10,000 photos on a single charge, while Flashlight mode provides perfect video lighting for up to 50 minutes. Use a 5W charger and USB to Lightning cable to recharge in just 75 minutes (charger and cable not included).
  • What You Get: iPhone LED Flash, silicone diffuser, travel pouch, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s iPhone LED Flash is available to order now from amazon.com for a cost of $49.99 and should begin shipping on January 25.

What are your thoughts on the first MFi certified camera flash accessory? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

18 Likes

I like the idea (sort of), but will it bE compatible with other iphones?

2 Likes

There’s definitely a market for these lights in mobile photography/videography, but I can’t help but wonder if they’re limiting their market with the lightning connector. Although if it had a USB-C plug, then that eliminates iPhone users. Also curious to see how it mounts to the “other camera accessories.”

2 Likes

I agree, they should’ve used USB C and reach a bigger market
Maybe they are just testing the waters

2 Likes

They could have used auxiliary…

I know a lot of phones don’t have aux anymore but everyone has an adapter.

2 Likes

This seems pretty cool and interesting. But I have a question it says
“First MFi flash accessory for creative photography with iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro”

But does this mean it’s only compatible with the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro and no other iPhones? I would hope it would be compatible with other to have a broader market since not everyone has a iPhone 11

2 Likes

Auxiliary would have been a great choice too.
Luckily I still have it

1 Like

This reminds me a lot of my Lume Cubes and the GoPro Session :stuck_out_tongue: I likes!!! Yeouch on the price though. So it would have to be connected to the iPhone, in order to set off the flash? If that is the case, I think a phone/flash holder should be included. It’s hard enough at times to take a picture with the iphone…due to grip and such, but having to juggle both flash and iphone would really be a juggling act.

2 Likes

Seems not to be compatible with older models.
But what will happen when apple changes the socket and plugs?

3 Likes

Makes sense more from the perspective of users of the iPhone 11 pro are likely the target market.

1 Like

You can’t really make products if the fear is “the next iteration will make it obsolete” as that applies to literally anything with cellphones from

Cables - proprietary-> mini usb -> micro usb - > usb c

Cases - obsolete every generation

Apps - iOS/Android deprecates 32 bit

If you live in fear of “what will happen with the next phone” you would never release anything

1 Like

That is the reason I am still using my old LENOVO thinkpad T410S
with LINUX! :joy:

5 Likes

Bigger question is what happens when Apple removes all sockets… With different sockets there will still be converter pins but with no sockets how will these accessories work :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

A Dremel will be needed and thrill holes for that missing sockets!.
We will make it!

3 Likes

I feel Anker should have done this with wireless BT connection with builtin rechargeable battery.

Would have made this a universal flash device

5 Likes

Probably too much delay…

3 Likes

Genau, makes no sense this way. :wink:

2 Likes

No, because they could add a slight delay on the photo to make it perfectly aligned :wink:

2 Likes

That with require a separate app, though.

Inconvenient.

2 Likes

Future is wireless… we are seeing more and more trend towards it.

This has to be a wireless connection to make it mass appealing and design needs to overcome delays, if any.

Personally I will not be buying anymore Lightning cable accessories going forward.

2 Likes