【Important Community Notice】Chinese Spring Festival

Even without me, the power draw won’t stop haha!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There are many traditional customs in Chinese Spring Festival, some of them I don’t know either…:joy:

Yes indeed, well Chinese and Jamaican

新年快乐! (Xin Nian Kuai Le):kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Happy Chinese New Years !!! :flags::wind_chime:

Xin Nian Kuai Le!!! :grin:

Happy New Year!

I went to a local Chinese New Year parade that is on as part of a local cities season of illuminations (they have various themes night during January and February)
I really enjoyed it! Lots of dragons, Chinese lions, lanterns, food and light shows. As well as various arts and craft things for the kids.
I was born in the year of the snake, which is partly why I have a snake tattoo :slight_smile:
I’ve not went through all my pictures yet (its my birthday today so been busy celebrating that too :smiley: ) but here are a couple I like so far.

I will admit, I did have to google to find out why the Lions were being fed lettuce!

1 Like

Sorry but it’s a minor pet peeve of mine when people call it Chinese New Year. Chinese aren’t the only people who celebrate it! Can you imagine how annoyed people around the world would be if everyone started calling Christmas “American Christmas”, just because America is the most “important” country which celebrates it? Please call it Lunar New Year :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s actually a really good point - I always call it Chinese New Year since my girlfriend is from Hong Kong, but Lunar New Year makes a lot more sense. I doubt that many people would be confused by the change in terminology, so I’ll have to try to remember to say that instead. Good call!

1 Like

Happy Birthday! !!

1 Like

Happy Birthday @Arwen :cake: Hope it’s been a good one

1 Like

hope you guys enjoy the much needed break, spend tons of time with family, lots of awesome food and fireworks.

1 Like

Happy Birthday. :slight_smile: Now go get yourself another Anker goodie :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks folks :smile_cat: it’s been a good day - lots of cake!

1 Like

Happy Chinese New. :slight_smile:

I’ve always wanted to attend the Lantern Festival. A few years ago they celebrated the Chinese New Year and a spectacular Lantern Festival but I missed it and they haven’t had one since.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: your icon is really funny and cute

1 Like

Happy Birthday, @Arwen! :tada::cake:

1 Like

Enjoy your holiday guys!

Belated happy birthday :tada::tada: @Arwen

1 Like