I'm officially done with Micro-USB & Lightning ... only USB-C from now on

One cable to rule them all :+1:

2 Likes

Oh dear, I just bought the Liberty Air 2 to replace the Liberty Air.

USB-C … Qi wireless … 7 hours per charge and 28 total hours (up from 5 & 20) … but mostly because I can’t stand Micro-USB.

Cool, £99? Given most of their life I’ll be using 1 bud as 1 bud will fall out and get lost, I figured paying £33 for the Life P2 is better. USB-C, but not wireless Qi case charging (don’t own any wireless charging phones, no wireless chargers yet here)

You could save yourself some frustration buy buying a handful of cheap usb-c to micro usb adapters, that way you only carry the usb-c cables

I would say buy 2-3 good brand & trusted cable such as Anker instead of cheap ones :wink:

The cable is not the issue. It’s the port. When I’m fumbling in the dark, I always try to insert the Micro-USB the wrong way. It should be 50/50 but it sure feels like 80/20 wrong way.

2 Likes

Agreed. USB-C EVERYTHING

2 Likes

I thought I was done buying Micro-USB & lightning devices. But then I bought a bunch of Eufy cameras (Micro-USB) when I moved in May. And last week, I bought the iPhone 12 (lightning). I’m hoping I’m really done this time.

I’m starting to feel about USB-A in the same negative way that I feel about Micro-USB. For 2021, I will aim to not buy devices that rely on USB-A or any cables with a USB-A plug. My desktop has 1 USB-C port, and my Pixelbook only has USB-C ports. I’m definitely not buying any battery packs or chargers that don’t support USB-C PD.

1 Like

Agree we should push to all USBC.

You should be able to get near to it by making all charging ports to be USBC and the other end being Lightning or MicroB. C to L cables are easily available., C to MicroB harder to come by.

Anker is holding us back, I can easily get a 2 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 10 port USBA charger but can’t really get more than 2 USBC port charger and not more than 1 USBC powerbank. Anker is still selling, forcing us, to get USB A charging ports other than in the 1 or 2 port chargers.

3 Likes

100% agree onstar :smiley::sunglasses::clap:
Trying to move away from micro-usb as well. Industry needs to adopt usb-c standard more
This should be a full industry standard

I can’t buy a device if it’s not usb-c as well :wink:

1 Like

I agree if they sold chargers with more than two USB c ports I’m sure some people such as myself would buy them. It really does feel like they are forcing me to not let go of USB A but you got to make the jump eventually. I am really really hoping more and more devices start having multiple USB c ports. The announcing and release of the 63W slim felt like a step in the right direction but still a long way to go

2 Likes

Even though I have 10+ Anker batteries and 2 non-Anker batteries, I will buy another Anker battery if they made one that had 2 USB-C ports. Please pretty please @AnkerOfficial?

Also, I have 5+ USB-C chargers, but I’m willing to buy another Anker charger if it had at least 3 USB-C ports.

I counter with an imperfect but workable suggestion.

I don’t ever need nearby two devices plugged in needing >10W per port, so I can assemble a workable solution, agree imperfect, with the 63W + Nano to get 5 ports 3 C + 2A.

When I need more 2 ports > 10W its because I have a Powercore PD to recharge, and as I don’t need to touch Powrcore for hours while it recharges, it can go into the further away wall socket with the Nano while the tablet phone devices I want to nearby go to the 63W two USBPD ports.

Yes, a 5 port with say 3 or 4 USB PD would be a good next product to flesh out the many-port range like it is now for the USB-A port.

I got a Nano for free and the 63W for free so I’m not grumbling too severely. :flushed:

1 Like

And we know exactly what you’re talking about. :+1:

When’s that going on sale? Black Friday $39?

Fingers crossed it goes on sale for Black Friday :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

It is certainly a step in the right direction.

1 Like

Anker has a USB-C Power Strip section. It’s a disgrace. Every power strip has 2 USB-A ports and only 1 USB-C port. If you’re going to call it a USB-C power strip, then shouldn’t the focus of the power strip be USB-C?? There should be more USB-C ports than USB-A ports.

Please Anker, next time you make a USB-C power strip, please include 3 USB-C and 2 USB-A. Thank you.

2 Likes

It’s $40 today. Buy quickly!

1 Like

I came here to post the same thing. :slight_smile: I had a camel3 alert set, so when I got the email this morning, I made the purchase.

I gave away one USB-C charger yesterday, so this “replaces” that. At least that’s what I’m telling my wife.

1 Like

Glad you noticed in time. image

I suggest buying just one as I reckon it can be improved upon without too much effort. This is a good fit for my bedside as I’m phone C , tablet C, 3-in-1 USB-A and my watch USB-A,when I want to recharge my Powercore PD I move the phone to the 3-in-1 in C mode otherwise it recharges my flashlight as MicroB.

Yes, this will liberate one or two single / dual chargers. I’m shortly having a family meal and probably will offer up a Mini dual A 12W to anyone who wants.

1 Like