I need a usb-c to lightning cable! Who else?

Apple probably would allow it now (maybe even previously), it’s most likely the licensing price which they want to levy against third parties that makes it not cost effective decision immediately.

Don’t see them including a power brick in the box for two reasons;

• they are obsessed with things being minimalist (take their quest of thinness over function as many see it). I think sometimes they plan what to include with a phone based on the box design they can come up with :laughing:
  • including it with the phone will reduce the amount of profit they can make from a separate item, as they will have to factor in the brick with the phone price. Keep the phone cost the same and sell the brick separate (or allow Apple ecosystem users to use Macbook bricks) sidesteps so people think they are getting better hardware for the same price, with most often overlooking the need for the wall charger which you have to buy later for $79 etc

Apple are coming almost full circle by charging for extras and making items not upgraded-able or user repairable (Apple of the 80’s)

2 Likes

Will probably take a while before Apple certify third party charger and usb-c to lightning, since they want people to purchase their versions first. Cheapest cable they have is $25 then $35;

And cheapest USB-C charger to take advantage of the fast charge option for iphone 8, 8 plus and X will cost $29 to start with… My option it should have came with it , like the Samsung phones;

1 Like

My question is, can you use a USB-C to USB 3.1 cable such as PowerLine USB-C to USB 3.1 Adapter for the purpose of charging any device? such as USB to Micro, USB to lighting, etc.

I could use one, too.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:You’re funny.only thing Apple has ever given me are headaches.

1 Like

I am using a USB-C hub for MacBook Pro which I can use it for charging my iOS device at the same time.The Dock I am using can connect microSD card and ightning flash drive too.

At last: https://www.macrumors.com/2018/03/12/apple-usb-c-ports-mfi-program/

Yup, reported here

@AnkerSupport Are we doing this???

You can sent an email to support@anker.com with your question! Our customer representative will help you sort it out.:innocent:

Lol… Well bows a good time to start… like said Anker is BEATING APPLE at their own game… I don’t think Apple likes that…

Please please can anker release these already. With the new iPhones not being released with these cables or even a usb c charger it’s a perfect time to release these mfi certified cables!

It’s on Apple, not Anker. They have to open up the certification program.

That’s where you are wrong from a previous post the program has been open since March

See that’s the th 8k ng about Mac- rumors as it doesn’t always report properly. Yes Apple was said to update the midi program but have you notice there have been no 3rd party Mifi USB-C cables? That’s because apple updated the program but still did not allow it, as you can see Here Dated September 5, 2018

[Quote] Apple will soon allow hardware developers to manufacture Made for iPhone (MFi) certified USB-C to Lightning cables, reports Japanese site Mac Otakara. Apple is said to have recently informed developers who participate in the MFi program about the change.

Right now, there are no Apple-approved USB-C to Lightning cables available for purchase, which means customers who want a USB-C to Lightning cable must purchase one directly from Apple for $19. With the new MFi update, third-party hardware manufacturers will be able to create USB-C to Lightning cables.[/Quote]

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
If anybody believed that I have a bridge I would like to sell them.

Anyone else want lightning to c???

The issue is with Apple not allowing third party companies to license / produce…

That’s your best bet for the time being