Hurricane Dorian!

Just got a call to get ready for Hurricane Dorian. If the hurricane hits Florida then I am ready! I got my bags packed with a bunch of Anker essentials! Chargers check, cables check, portable battery packs check! Just a little background for those that do not know me, I am in the Coast Guard Reserve and drill out of Staten Island, New York. I respond to natural disasters as a lead electrical supervisor. I repair secondary services and install micro-grids, portable generators, brush/tree removal and provide humanitarian relief to community affected.
Hopefully I do not have to mobilize because that would mean the hurricane did not hit and people/property would be safe.
I’ll keep you all posted if I get called up!

4 Likes

Have couple of my friends in Florida, spoke yesterday, they are set with emergency bag with all essentials and powerbanks. Hope all stays well and hurricane calms down

1 Like

Stay safe out there!

1 Like

Be safe @dicejedi

1 Like

It’s nice to see someone ready and volunteering to help, it’s a great thing you are doing. Stay safe and good luck.

1 Like

Keep safe, and fingers crossed you get a quiet weekend.

1 Like

Thanks for being ready to cover the homefront! Good luck and stay safe!

1 Like

Stay safe and heads up.

1 Like

Hurricane Dorian has caused disaster in the Abaco Islands and some reported casualties. I feel sorry for the people of the Bahamas, unfortunately I haven’t been mobilized yet. I am ready, waiting by the phone.

1 Like

Well… My unit did not get called up for this one. This is really a bad thing because we do relief and restoration of electrical grids/humanitarian relief. When no such thing exist (power lines, power poles, equipment, etc…) then there is nothing to restore. It will be all new construction. Anyway, my unit was ready to deploy… we always are! Semper Paratus!