How We Perfect the Portable Charger

:smiley: really nice

2 Likes

Would be nice to see cable/charger/accessories to be the same color!! black charger/white cable. You get the idea!

2 Likes

wow, I am so impressed with how much detail goes into your product. Can’t wait to try one out. You put the competition to shame

I am a PowerAdd refugee. Now I preferentially buy Anker

3 Likes

Just found this website today and I am already so excited to begin testing some of this Anker gear! A portable charger is such a crucial part of someone’s day and it is very refreshing to see how much work goes into the production of one of these chargers. Once again, can’t wait to give one a try!

4 Likes

I just bought two Anker Portable Chargers as Christmas gifts. I want the recipients to be able to use them straight away, and was wondering if I need to purchase any additional cables for charging or does it just charge using the iPhone charger?

1 Like

Which versions did you buy? I believe they all come with USB to micro USB cables, that allows you to charge the device itself (with a USB wall charger) and charge any device from it that uses micro USB.

If they are using iPhone’s they will have to use the USB to lightning cable from their phones…

You mean they will need to use an iPhone cable to charge the device or the phone itself? There is a short USB cable in the pack, which I take it is the cable that would be used when out and about to charge the phone from the device? I am checking because I bought a device previously, (different make), and subsequently found I needed a further cable which had to be purchased separately. The model I have just purchased is the Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Ultra Compact Portable Charger.

1 Like

Hi @Jane_Rix,
If you’re giving the Astro E1 to an iPhone owner, the recipient will need:

• A powered USB port to charge the power bank itself, such as a USB port on a computer or a wall charger with a USB port (this usually comes with most phones). The recipient probably already has one. The power bank will come with a Micro USB cable that will go from USB Port --> Power Bank
  • A Lightning cable. This will go from Power Bank --> iPhone. The power bank will not come with a Lightning cable, but the recipient can use the Lightning cable that came with the iPhone.
1 Like

Thank you - that’s exactly what I needed to know, and I have now ordered a short lightning cable to go with the item.

1 Like

You’re very welcome. I’m sure they’ll love the power banks!

Trackers might be helpful, but velcro is an easy method to adapt and use with any devices to keep them together. Mounting options are fiarly discreet while incredibly diverse.

1 Like

In response to this thread title, I appreciate all the effort Anker has poured into their rapidly expanding line of products. I have scoured every market to find the latest and greatest portable charging units to support my Anker solar-powered, globally nomadic lifestyle. High demands and lust for optimization have revealed a much desired feature of a “perfect” charger:
Foldable Wall Prongs :wink:
The reasons are many, albeit subjective.
It’s understandable that Anker has yet to incorporate this feature yet power users I compete with to have the sleekest high-tech set-ups on the planet are awaiting its debut in the Anker line up. Being available on the market, I among others explore outside our favored brands, voting with our dollars to speed innovations. I hope that in the pursuit of the perfect portable charger, this will make it on a bright yellow Post-it in the engineering or design rooms at Anker.
Thanks again for all the hard work and keep innovating to grab more of that market share!
Best,
J

1 Like

I’m not sure how I missed this post until today, but this is a great article and gives a much better understanding of what goes into Anker’s power packs. Great job Anker!

I know. I owe it. Loveeeee it

1 Like

Wow I am in love with my Powercore portable charger. It has completely changed my life. I use it everyday. It’s only encouraged me to want more Anker products. Thankyou Anker for a wonderful product. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Content removed

1 Like

content removed

1 Like

1 Like

My Anker powerbank is probably the best powerbank I have ever used. I’m alos happy to see Anker expanding into retail stores.

1 Like