How to tell if my E1 is defective

I was given an E1 as a gift 1 week ago. I charged it to capacity (it was on around 1/2 out of the box). I then charged my phone to full which used less than half of the charge on the E1. However when I checked the charge a few days later by pressing the button, it had gone to almost empty, and when I plugged it into my laptop it doesn’t seem to be charging (no flashing light, only solid single LED that eventually turns off). Is my product defective?

Have you tried plugging it into a wall charger?

1 Like

Hi @james.bt1, as @bobbleheaderman mentioned, please try charging it with a dedicated wall charger (like the one that may have came with your phone) so it gets a solid 1 amp charge. Some laptops output 0.5 amps or less. Typically the E1 will hold it’s charge for a month or so when not in use, but you’ll want to make sure you have nothing plugged into it when it’s not in use. If you still have difficulties, feel free to reach out to support@anker.com for additional help.

3 Likes

Unfortunately my wall charger doesn’t charge it either. I have a feeling I have a defective battery.